FB Game postponed according to Berman

More info to follow.

Ouch, I will be glad when we can have a regular season again

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1331364996157222913?s=21

mathematically doesnt this eliminate us from title contention?

this game will only be made up if neither are in the championship meaning it doesnt count towards the championship…

https://twitter.com/chrisvannini/status/1331365423057678339?s=21

This really hurts us much more than Tulsa…in fact helps them.

5 Likes

Go away Covid!!!

6 Likes

Wow, 2020 has been horrible to the Coogs…arg…Covid19!

3 Likes

This is terrible. We were doing great but the last two - three weeks the wheels have come off.

2 Likes

They are practicing today though according to my son

11 Likes

Maybe Tulsa has problems?

1 Like

Maybe they are trying to COVID their way to the championship game.

They still have to play Cincy before that game.

This is BS !

2 Likes

I guess we’re afraid of losing to Tulsa.
/s

1 Like

They haven’t practiced since last week, two days is not enough time to prepare for a game. Not sure it’s all Covid, maybe combined with injuries. Our LBs are the depleted position.

5 Likes

From a couple of other reports, it appears the contact tracing is the issue as well. And then this has just been reported. Too bad this wasn’t considered earlier.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is considering shortening the current coronavirus quarantine timeline from 14 days to between just seven and 10, according to an exclusive Wall Street Journal report. The agency reportedly hopes the change will inspire more people to comply with the guidelines

3 Likes

That is really too bad. Needed to play them if we were going to have a shot at the title.

Yes, it’s mostly from contact tracing which meant those from last week had to quarantine through this week.

3 Likes

If we don’t end up playing Tulsa on the 19th, hopefully we can reschedule Rice or North Texas.

It would be nice to end the season with (what should be) a fairly easy W.

Did anyone seriously NOT expect this to happen? UH has had what, SEVEN games, postponed due to Covid protocol.

Hate to say I told you so but this was always a horrible idea for a “luxury item” from the start. The B1G and PAC and the MAC and others just gave into peer pressure and right as we enter holiday season!?!?

Traveling 100+ college players all around the country is going to lead to a spike in Covid cases which is already taxing an overworked hospital staff that has been working around the clock for 8 months now.

College Basketball is more manageable because of the smaller scale (team size) and obviously the professional leagues bc they are more serious about staying negative (some but not all).

This virus is no joke…believe me

3 Likes

UH has been very good about keeping this under control. They are tested 3 times a week. We only see Derek after the games when he comes to the railing. We are only 30 minutes away and we rarely see him. I am comfortable with the protocols they have in place.

17 Likes

I know we won’t.