Fertitta Center Question

Does anyone know if there is an elevator (for fans) that goes between the ground (club entrance) and the main level of the Fertitta Center for people that cannot manage the steps or the ramps ?

I don’t think so, but am not certain.

This link mentions that there is an elevator between sections 103 and 104. Not sure if that can be accessed by people who dont have the club seats.

Yes, there’s an elevator. It’s right next to the stairwell.

Thanks for the info.

And - yet again - the university fails to change public notices - like this, copied directly from their own publication:

Handicap Parking - Stadium Garage (Faculty/Staff Entrance): Handicap parking for men’s basketball games is available on the second level (faculty/staff entrance) of the Stadium parking garage. Elevators and an access ramp are located on the south side of the garage.

I fought with them for over half the season last year, trying to get them to let handicapped people enter the garage at the entrance closest to Scott Street, which allowed handicapped people to park on the ground floor, which was virtually empty at every game, instead of having to walk all the way across the garage from the elevators or climb the stairs on the side of the garage closest to the basketball arena.

They finally made the change late in the season, and I presume that will still be in place this year. At least, I hope so; but don’t count on it! Maybe they just failed to change the written Access Availability Guide.

Typical; the left hand of the University of Houston never seems to know what the right hand is doing!

EatEmUp - Wife and I came in for the game last night from Scott Street and there was a fairly large portable handicap sign at the entrance ($10 cash) to the garage closest to Scott street. So there was handicap parking available on the first floor. Also I looked at the Cougar Pride parking map for basketball and it shows the section in the garage closest to Scott as handicap parking.

Coog74, you are exactly right; I attended both games played so far, and they were allowing entrance to the garage and access to handicap parking on the ground floor. I was very glad to see that they had not reverted to their evil policy that was in place for half the season last year; I got very tired of having to climb those stairs!

Apparently, “they just failed to change the written Access Availability Guide,” as I suggested. MAYBE they will get around to changing that guide one of these days.

1 Like