Field of 64 Projections - Apr 19th

Coogs a 2 seed in both D1Baseball’s and Baseball America’s projections:

https://twitter.com/GonzoReiter/status/854813555559981057

This brings up the question. Have we improved as a baseball team since todd took over?

Yes. For sure. The program had really slid with Noble. The question now is have we plateaued with Whitting.

If Romero hadn’t gone all flakey, we’d be talking Omaha instead of have we plateaued.

2 Likes

Let’s see how the rest of the season plays out. Still a real good chance that we win the conference, hell, we may be leading it after this weekend. I have to believe that the committee will reward us if we win the conference regular season title.

Mid-week results are discouraging, which may not bode well for a loser’s bracket run in any tournament we play-in, but Hurdsman has been solid in that mid-week starter role the last two weeks and Cumbie has shown no signs of drop-off since being moved to Friday. If our hitters can stay healthy down the stretch, this lineup is becoming fearsome and one that can strike at any moment.

Finally, I’d prefer this to not happen as I believe the ship has sailed, but if they decide Romero can come back, our staff becomes much better immediately. I’d move him into the closer’s role since we don’t really have a true closer as he’d instantly shore up the back end of the bullpen.

Don’t misunderstand my plateau. Better to be on this plateau making tournaments most year than where we were before Whitting arrived. I also think looking at this group of freshmen and the 2018 class that we could be back on an upward trend.

I also agree with Pray, this team with or without Romero has the tools to get to the World Series this year.

1 Like

Team is nosediving towards the end. We should not be ranked in any pole. 2 seed seems high, gotta believe they can shake this funk. I blame these ugly uniforms (nothing compared to the Noble unis) and for committing sacrilege on Cougar Field/Schroeder Park. Baseball has to be played on grass not artificial anything with red dirt. We need to sacrifice some chickens. :rage::cry: