First-half grades for first-year coaches

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/first-half-grades-for-first-year-coaches-in-college-football/ar-AAIVKwp?ocid=spartanntp

CDH is the only new head coach that gets a grade of an F… according to the article

" F

Dana Holgorsen, Houston (2-4)

Houston and Holgorsen have essentially thrown in the towel on this season, which some deep thinkers might embrace as a modern approach to a rebuild — college football’s version of the Philadelphia 76ers’ “process,” maybe — but in reality is just an embarrassment given the team’s preseason hype and the program’s recent track record."

1 Like

USA Today is a waste of ink and paper.

12 Likes

Preseason hype? I don’t remember it.

Recent track record? We won 8 games last year and 7 in 2017. That’s not exactly killing it.

4 Likes

They’re mad because we didn’t pan out as a quality win for OU.

6 Likes

F…good grief , did the morons even do any research ?

4 Likes

Pre season hype?? Everybody picked us 3rd or 4th in our division…PLEASE…
CDH has our team playing hard every minute of every game…something apple and judas never did…And despite all the difficulties, we have shown consistent improvement on defense every week, instead of the opposite…Red shirting will prove a big blessing. Now i have always thought King was coming back, because i believe a boy when THATS what he says! King and our other redshirts will have a big impact next year and we are going to have a big year…Dana’s grade is strictly A, for having the guts to engage in a short term problem, long term blessing type of thing with the redshirt situation, not to mention the boys who will redshirt because of injuries…

8 Likes

Thank you for putting into words my exact thoughts on the situation. Cheers!

1 Like

This isn’t quite right. Memphis was favored to win the division, but we weren’t far behind and generally projected to finish second.

I wouldn’t call that “hype”, though.

3 Likes

No where to go but up!

3 Likes

Second in your division of a P6 conference. Not too shabby.

From a national writer that isn’t going to have the nuanced discussion we can have about the team… take the F. I’d hand out an F too if I was weighing in from afar.

1 Like

There was some hype because he left a Big 12 school for little ol G5 UH

Thank u

Lol. Yep

I forgot the smiley face

You still butt hurt cause he left you couch burners ?

1 Like

Sure. There was definitely hype with the hire. But with respect to projections for the season, I don’t think there was much hype that we were going to have a NY6 bowl type season or anything. We were projected to be in a tier behind UCF with a few other schools.

Remember UCF’s recent 0-12 season? We’re not that.

Who hasn’t gotten an F at least once in their lives?

1 Like

A??? :rofl: blowing 3 TD lead to Tulane and obviously out of touch with team… F is spot on