Flu vs Covid-19 for the record

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

Since Feb Covid -19 in US

Updated July 2, 2020

Total Cases 2,679,230 54,357 New Cases*

Total Deaths 128,024 725 New Deaths*

2 Likes

I can’t believe we have people so stupid they are still saying this is the regular flu. It just doesn’t make any sense. There should have never been any discussion like that even back in February, but the fact that some are still saying it in July is just scary. Common sense doesn’t matter to those people.

5 Likes

I’ve had the flu before. It never caused me kidney failure, scarring of my lungs, etc. The list of COVID-19 damage is long and disturbing.

It’s plain to anyone with an open mind that COVID-19 is NOT the flu.

Anyone that says they are the same is being willfully ignorant.

5 Likes

But, if one day it stops doing all of that and starts being just like the flu, it will be just like the flu, right? :wink:

3 Likes

How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and hard it is to undo that work again! -Mark Twain

2 Likes

Falsehood is like Gossip. Watch this all the way.

2 Likes

FWCoog - I agree with you 100%. There are so many ignorant USA citizens. Gosh there are numerous people in COOGFANS that are flat out in denial about COVID-19. They think playing football is more important than being considerate to their fellow COOGS. They will take their chances as we are all going to die from something. I had my semiannual visit with my cardiologist Tuesday and the medical profession is extremely worried about the increasing spread of infections and what this virus does to a human body even if a person recovers. Everyone needs to mask up and stay away from crowds.

8 Likes

The ill-informed apparently don’t realize that recovery classification simply means the infected individual did not die

3 Likes

But do the vast majority who get Covid-19 even need hospitalization? Can we assume they are not getting any lasting damage if their case doesn’t even need care?
I’m not trying to put my head in the sand or deny how terrible this virus can effect people but it varies so much person to person. It needs to be taken seriously, i have noticed people who get out are in wheelchairs and look rough. Everybody that goes through that describes it as the worst pain they have gone through.

Majority do not need hospitalization. Safe to assume that population isn’t getting lasting damage (that is an assumption, however). That fact doesn’t really change anything though about the ones that do and the ones that die. That’s the population we are trying to improve.

1 Like

Problem with that story is the priest telling it was the pedophile that “gossip” accused him of being. :hushed:

1 Like

He had clean fingernails. Very important.

1 Like

You didn’t have any “Doubt”?

1 Like

One of the greatest actors of his or any generation.

A premature loss.

1 Like

Agree.

Definitely an excellent actor, no doubt. Although he got a lot of praise for playing Art Howe in Moneyball, he really didn’t come close to getting Art right in that role and Art went public with his complaints about how he was portrayed.

Too bad drugs destroyed his life and took him way too early.

I don’t think Art was upset about the acting, more about how he was written as a stubborn a-hole who only cared about his contract.

2 Likes

True it was how Art was written not the acting.

I always disagreed on this topic. He should care about a one year contract and he was treated with disrespect by Billy Beane (in the movie at least).

This thread took a turn.

They had to exaggerate everything in the movie to make it enjoyable for the masses.

I think there are a few really special actors (Hoffman being one), people who are truly gifted and command the screen, whose performance can make an average movie good and a good movie great. Many actors who get hired over and over are probably more reliable than anything else. Among living actors, I’d put Sean Penn, Denzel Washington, Daniel Day-Lewis, and Anthony Hopkins in the first-tier along with Helen Mirren, Laura Linney, Jessica Chastain, Cate Blanchett, and Michelle Williams. I’ve heard Viola Davis is excellent, but I haven’t seen her in anything other than Fences. Surely others in that group or just outside it that I haven’t seen enough to really have much of an opinion.

©Copyright 2017 Coogfans.com