Flugaur tweets

Practically speaking, if 3 or more teams leave the GOR is worthless as all of the schools will be too busy fighting for life rafts to worry about suing. If Texas, OU, and Tech all decide to bail, turn out the lights.

1 Like

I am pretty darn tired of rumors and tweets. I want contracts signed and bank accounts over flowing.

2 Likes

So, they are going to 18? I doubt it… everyone keeps brining up 4 to the B1G, who are they kicking out?

Delaney, their commish has openly talked about going to 18 in future…First true super conference…and WHY would they kick anyone out? They have 14 members, not 15,

I hear constantly about 4 16 team super conferences in the media, not 18, I had never seen him mention that. So when I said who are they kicking out, I meant what 2 (14+4-2 to get to 16).

I read several interviews with Delaney from a year ago, and he talked about how BIGs ultimate goal is to go to 18, have two 9 team divisions where you play your 8 divisional rivals plus 1 or maybe 2 crossover games…FEWER NC games to dilute the schedule…they are the most radical expansionist conference in the country and the richest…16 is a MEDIA number…not from the commish.

Yep, I remember that. B1G and SEC kind of set the standard and the other 3 follow.

Hear, hear.

Its really no coincidence the 4 TX schools left out of the B12 are in the state’s largest metros. We’ll get to a P5 someday…but dang the wait is getting old.

2 Likes