FootballScoop update this morning

Some new names.

http://footballscoop.com/The-Scoop/

1 Like

Troy and Ak St coaches are the previously unmentioned.

That link doesn’t seem to work on my phone.

UH mentions:

Houston: Asked about the possibility of Art Briles returning to Houston as head coach, board of regents chairman Tilman Fertitta said ” ‘I would love for Briles to be on our super-short list, but until we can get full clarity I can’t see us going there,’” according to multiple local reports. With respect to Les Miles, Fertitta said, “I think we have interest in him and he has interest in us.” Fertitta later added that there will be a large buyout for the first few years worked into the contract of whoever Houston decides will be the next leader of the program.

Houston: Interim head coach Todd Orlando outlined the coaching duties for the bowl game as follows; Major Applewhite (OC), Darrell Wyatt (WRs), and Kenith Pope (RBs) will remain in their regular roles, Craig Naivar will handle special teams and DBs, James Casey will coach the TEs, offensive GA CJ Irvin will work with the OL, defensive GA Roosevelt Maggitt will work with the DL, and defensive GA Dan Carrell will handle the linebackers.

Houston: President Renu Khator tweeted this morning that they hope to have filled the head coaching job in two weeks. Sources tell FootballScoop some of the coaches Houston plans to speak with include Dana Holgorsen, Troy’s Neal Brown, Arkansas State’s Blake Anderson and Todd Orlando and Major Applewhite. We also have heard of potential interest in Tulsa head coach Philip Montgomery. Les Miles is another name of interest here. Expect this one to heat up late this weekend / early next week is what we’ve been hearing.

I would assume they are going to go after a big name. Someone that the casual fan is going to know and go buy tickets for. Without the B12 money coming in, it is even more important not to have a sales drop off. With that in mind, I would think Les Miles is at the top of the list. He has recruited the area already, but I have some offensive concerns

1 Like

Miles paired with an up-and-comer at OC is my dream scenario. Ed Oliver coached by Les Miles would be a thing of absolute beauty.

Wonder if Les Miles knows that the turf at TDECU is artificial? Would that be negotiated into his contract?

1 Like

I’d spring for a slab of turf every Saturday if that would sweeten the deal.