For those going to the Homecoming Game this week

Instead of talking about how our team will do, let’s talk about the crowd we can be!

The season is winding down and the armchair Facebook fans are just going to keep spouting bologna and not want to attend. What if we just showed some Big Coog energy for the sake of it? Stay until the end, win or lose. This is a chance for those willing to get out of the house during COVID times to meet alums and cheer on.

Win with class, lose with dignity.

In reference to the large scale post I’m working on (CV3-Alum here), it will be about how we, during the season and out, can raise awareness that UH exists and all.

Also, the Coogs of CV3 are running a fundraiser for Texas Children’s Hospital! It will go towards our progress in the Spirit Cup. If you feel like donating and supporting your very active Spirit Org to win the cup itself (instead of some frat that probably won’t show up to the game ← this is a joke), please consider doing so!

2 Likes

Done. Wish it could be more. And by the way, I am an alum frat guy that will be attending the game. Be careful with your stereotypes, doesn’t really help.

3 Likes

No worries, it’s all for the ‘joke’. It’s been kind of chuckled about the past few years that a Greek Life organization would win the Spirit Cup when the Bleacher Creatures (now honors only) and Coog Crew (now 4.0 and defunct) were available. So that’s when we came in ^-^. And yes, we allow anyone from any Greek, Spirit, Team, Panhellic, etc to join.

Edit: Thank you so much! Apologies for forgetting to do that!

2 Likes

Another frat guy here. I was initiated into the Sigma Chi fraternity in 1968 and I still see probably a dozen of my brothers at UH events each time I attend. Historically the fraternities have been consistent supporters of UH athletics. Go Coogs

3 Likes

I never leave until the band plays the alma mater after the game, regardless of score or weather. I sing and then go.

8 Likes

Done!

Do Houston players have Covid? Heard on Twitter there were starters that have it?

1 Like

No, we’re good as far as I know. According to coach today, unless there is a problem with the rapid tests tomorrow, the game is on. It sounded like we have no problem here so far, but all it takes is one positive in a group and then the contact tracing wipes out that whole group.

1 Like

I’m surprised, in this day and time, that Homecoming is still important to anyone other than frat boys and sorority girls.

3 Likes

Just heard that the players on defense have the positive tests so that makes offense with contact tracing and everyone is getting retested tomorrow. Hope we’re not pulling a Baylor!

1 Like

Source ?

Why would we want to pull a Baylor on the one game left on the schedule that should be a win!!! Makes no sense

Well, if your “source” is Twitter…

Nuff said !