For you realignment theorists

The OSU’s Ryan Day had some things to say about the cancellation of the B1G season. My brother is a huge The OSU fan, lives in Columbus, and just went off on a FB post. I am posting the text of his post here because I think his realignment idea is pretty interesting, even if it is a product of a COVID19 Lockdown induced vent. I hope you enjoy slicing and dicing. Me, I’ll just watch b/c I don’t really care that much anymore about realignment. Warren is B1G Commissioner Kevin Warren. HIS kid gets to play.

“So frustrating, Warren’s own son plays at an sec school, no problem and he has said so publicly. I am serious, if Little Ten officials scuttle this season, OSU should leave. Then PSU would leave, and they’d be left with Jim Harbaugh and a bunch of mac caliber programs. Would serve them right, as they continually display legendary levels of non-leadership.
I already am liking the idea of the ACC going up to 18 schools, two nine team football divisions. ACC north and ACC south. OSU, PSU, MD and yes, WV from big 12 join north, with Syracuse, BC, VA, Pitt, and VT. Lots of good border war games. Play nine conf games. Six in own division, and three from other division. Could play everyone at least once every three years. Basketball just one huuuuuge division.
Meanwhile, MN, IA and WI join the big 12, so it actually has 12 again and adds teams that can actually play some defense. Nebraska sucks to bad to be invited back in.
Lastly, ND at finally joins what’s left of the big ten because they will be able to win it. I am also loving the idea of the Big Ten being the conference that basically disappears since they were so aggressive about expansion in the past, and added a couple real head-scratchers along the way.
There, I feel much better now. Obviously I have too much covid time on my hands.”

1 Like

Who’s Ryan Day?

Hopefully, he keeps his day job because that is silliness.