For you Texans Fans

…how would you feel if they kept Romeo Carnell another year or so, would you cancel your season tickets???

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-verizon&sxsrf=ALeKk02PfdXiMIvRHoYsqJogN8CVy0jkjQ%3A1605559343480&ei=L-SyX-7tHIi0sQXRxaXoBw&q=romeo+carnell+news+november+16+2020&oq=romeo+carnell+news+november+16&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYAjIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKABMgUIIRCgATIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKsCOgQIIxAnOgkIABDJAxAWEB46BwghEAoQoAFQhboCWI_fA2C-7wNoA3AAeACAAcEGiAGlLpIBDTAuNi41LjMuMS4xLjKYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#

I would but I have never been to a Texan game lol

3 Likes

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a Texans season ticket holder.

HOWEVER, regarding keep Crenell as head coach, I wasn’t too impressed with the Texans this week against the Browns. In any event, he has a career head coaching record well below .500 (something like .340 or so, right?), so I’d prefer that the Texans look elsewhere for a head coach once the season is over.

Only an extreme turnaround at the end of this season would convince me to change my mind.

2 Likes

I’d probably lose interest. I’d take it as a sign from management that they’re throwing the 2021 season away. That said, throwing the 2021 season in the trash and just rebuilding might be the right move, in the long term! I just don’t want to waste 3 hours every weekend watching it.

1 Like

BOB’s tenure as GM is going to cause a rebuild. He made win now decisions (really bad ones at that) that are coming due.

No big name coach is going to step into that so Romeo makes sense. I wouldn’t blame fans checking out during that time though.

3 Likes

If they kept him Id get rid of them or sell them on their market. No point to go watch losers football.

1 Like

If Cal isn’t careful, he will lose the people of Houston and revert back to the Oilers fan base. Right now, those same Oiler fans plus the youth since the formation of the Texans are holding this franchise up. People won’t stomach bad product getting worse.

1 Like

I enjoy rooting for the other teams as they beat the Texans. Same for Denver. I’m laughing at Washington and Minnesota. And the Rams too.

3 Likes

Almost anyone is an improvement over O’Brien.

1 Like

The Texans are a badly run organization. An example was when they selected Tony Boselli in the expansion draft in 2002. He never played a down.

It’s been downhill ever since.

5 Likes

Agreed…the first draft pick was a huge sign!!!

1 Like

The Texans give “badly run organizations” a bad name…

2 Likes

Jack Easterby is a fraud and has somehow charmed Cal McNair into thinking he is smart. He and Romeo should both be fired at the end of the season. McNair should fire everyone in the organization that has had decision making power. Obviously, the regular worker bees should be kept, but that’s it. Then he should get some help in hiring a real GM and head coach. Other than that he should just sell the team and take his $billion profit and do something he knows something about.

Remember, Easterby was in with BOB on trading Hopkins.

5 Likes

Yes Sir, you hit it on the nail! Another Tom Brady Coattail New England connection.

The problem is at the very top. Clueless Cal. Texans will never have a real shot to win a SB until Cal sells his daddy’s team and take his couple billion $ inheritance somewhere else. I remember as a child reading a comic strip called goofus and gallant. I know which one Cal is.

3 Likes

I lost interest when they traded Hopkins and their future. Get back to me in 5 years when they might be relevant again. Worst trade in the history of all sports.

3 Likes

I just think McNair needs to sell the team. I don’t think he knows anything about how to run a football organization and is just in it for the cash cow (I don’t blame him). But for the sake of football loving Houstonians, it’s constantly depressing to root for an organization that continually puts out headlines like this. Shoot. Is it possible to have two teams in this town? I mean we are the fourth largest city in the country? Let me go set up a Go Fund me account really quickly. lol

3 Likes

I wish we did. I would cheer for the other team.

1 Like

The best outcome for the Texans is for the McNair’s to sell the team to another owner who knows something about managing an NFL team. Clearly the McNair family, Bob or Cal, do not have a clue.

1 Like

Cal’s mother, Janice Suber McNair, is the current owner and co-founder of the Houston Texans, having assumed the position after the death of her husband and team founder Bob McNair in 2018.

Cal is just Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer and is screwing up his mother’s team.

1 Like