For you Texans Fans

It’s no secret- befriend Cal and the mom and your safe unless you really go out your way to screw up.

They fired the PR person but she came with O’Brien I think and she must’ve rubbed the team president wrong

2 Likes

I’ve rooted for all Houston teams my whole life, going back to the Oilers and the Aeros with Gordie Howe, but the Texans are really testing my loyalty.

The owner has a plantation mentality, and their comments about the “culture” are disturbing. What culture? Antebellum South? It’s like the ownership thinks the team represents Kountze or something. The Hopkins trade was the culmination of a series of moves in which they jettisoned good or great players at least in part because of the “culture” thing. It’s hard to support such massive incompetence.

4 Likes

Bud Adams dgaf and when the Oilers had success, it was more by lucky accident than leadership. Going cheap on coaching with the most collective talent ever on a Houston football team ('91-'93) was irresponsible.

I feel like this is Bud 2.0

Houston pro sports right now is one big pile of poop, as I’ve posted elsewhere

3 Likes

At least the Oilers were entertaining in their disfunction. The Texans are just boring in theirs.

3 Likes

The reports today are that the previous report about Easterby and Crennel are bogus and a new GM will be hired and then a new HC. In an interview, Bill Belichik was asked about Easterby and BB said Easterby isn’t a personell guy.

4 Likes

If true, good news!

1 Like

This feels like the previous reports were a trial balloon and they knew it wouldn’t go over well.

1 Like

I don’t care what the Texans did yesterday. I don’t care what the Texans did today. I certainly don’t give a rats *** what they do tomorrow.

3 Likes

This :point_up_2:

2 Likes

Texans can go back to wherever for all I care.

2 Likes

Bud said they had to win in 1994 as he said the salary cap wouldn’t let him keep spending. He did propose the Bud Dome Downtown we laughed at that would’ve had football and hockey lol

@Coog51 you are correct - Texans are bland. With the Oilers you had Babygate, the fist fight, Warren Moon’s troubles, Buddy Ryan, etc. one season was worth a nfl network special. But that was when owners were wildcatters and players lived and dealt with the average person on a daily basis.

The head coach was accessible and had a radio show and tv show with a live audience. The Texans stopped that and cut the coach from speaking to the public by buying the time themselves. Last one we would talk to was Kubiak

These guys now seem to live in a bubble

4 Likes

They are not going to get a top coach until the GM stays out of personnel decisions and that is
not going to happen.

1 Like

Umm… :confused: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

NFL network did do a special on that season, didn’t they?

Yep - that’s how crazy it was