213 New Mexico
233 UT RGV
240 SMU
254 Tulsa

2 Likes

Last year, we were 134th on this list.

1 Like

Woah, top 100

Wow Rice must give a lot of aid and their Alumni earnings must be through the roof.

1 Like

So if you are an employer reviewing the resumes of 3 candidates that are identical in qualification with the exception of their respective universities you take the La Tech grad and the UT Arlington grad before the SMU grad ?? I don’t think so…

Private schools such as Rice give unbelievable amounts of financial aid in many different formats. Takes 50K+ per year schools lower than state supported schools in many instances if you have the grades/test scores to be admitted. Unless you are an athlete of course. Then the admitting requirements are different to get the athletic aid.

Low i get that there are private schools that give tuition waivers for low income families, just didn’t realize that rice was one of them. Harvard/Princeton, for instance, have such a large endowment that anyone who gets accepted and immediate family makes less than 150k get a tuition remission. And they do NOT offer athletic scholarships.
Rice must be in the same ballpark, otherwise couldn’t make the list.

I’m not sure why anyone would think to use a Best Value College list to hire someone.

1 Like

Exactly, which is the reason the list is worthless.

I can think of other reasons for the list.

The folks at Charmin have replaced a reason.

From what my Rice graduate friends tell me, the school is loaded with money. That combined with having such a small class size means they’re pretty generous with aid from what I hear.