Former Coog becomes an Astro

Former Coog Pitcher Austin Pruitt has been acquired by Houston Astros per reports. I follow MLB pretty closely n he has been up/down from AAA to Big Leagues last 2 seasons. May have decent chance to make Club out of Spring Training.

7 Likes

It will be tough, but he will have a chance…
https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1215482815548215302?s=21

2 Likes

He could also end up in the bullpen which is where he has pitched most of his MLB career.

1 Like

Good luck to Austin!

1 Like

Unless he just has bad Spring Training he will be part of bullpen/5th starter w Astros as he’s out of Minor league options. Best of luck to him.

1 Like

Is he the last Coog to play for the good guys since Doug Drabek?

No, there’s been a few since then. Immediate one comes to mind is Michael Bourn. Couple others I’m pretty sure but would have to look up.

1 Like

Who know, maybe Brent Strom turns him into a Brad Peacock type pitcher

3 Likes

Woody Williams is another.

2 Likes

Yep spot on. 1-2 others was trying to think of without looking up. Good job.

1 Like

I remember Chris Snyder was w Stros for year, maybe half yr towards end of his career. Prob 2011- 2012. Most career was with DBacks.

Yep he is going to need all the help now that the 'Stros owner has fired both the mgr and GM after MLB came down hard on the Stros for their cheating scandals today

I suspect more coaches will be given the axe … Austin could be destined for AAA for awhile anyway

1 Like

no more coaches will be let go. Current bench coach didn’t join tem till 2018. On Pruitt he’s out of Minor League options. So he either makes team out of Spring Training or will have to be released, then he can be p/u by another MLB club or accept assignment back to Astros Farm system.