Fred Couples now on Twitter

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1073714556030066688

1 Like

Routine par .

1 Like

Love me some Freddie. Hope he plays at the senior event in the Woodlands this year. He missed last year for some reason.

1 Like

Did not know there was a “par 1” hole on any golf course . . . . . but I’ve been wrong before . . . . .

There’s not but he still got a par.

First shot went into the water so that’s 1, drop equals 2nd stroke, hitting 3 that went in on the fly. Par.

Fred Couples, closing on 60, plays on despite a vision issue revealed from taking a baseball to the face

“When I’m driving and I look straight, when I play golf and I’m walking, I see everything,” Couples told the Akron Beacon Journal two weeks ago when he played in the Bridgestone Senior Players at Firestone Country Club in Akron, Ohio, his first competition since he missed the cut in the Masters. “But when I put my head down and turn to look at the hole when I’m on that swivel, I’m really struggling with one of my eyes, and it’s just hard to putt.

“When I stand behind the putt and both eyes are staring at the ball and the hole, I read the putts perfectly. But when I get over it, then the tilt of my head, I just lose a little depth perception and the feel of what the putt’s going to do. I know it’s a cup to the right of the hole, I just can’t get the ball to go there nine out of 10 times.”

Makes you wonder how he would even want to play golf.

There are other challenges on the course. Like the simple act of replacing a ball on the green after he has marked it. Couples demonstrates. He casually throws a coin on the ground on the Firestone driving range and then squats down. He tries to place an imaginary ball in front of it. He explains why it takes him a long time.

“People probably think I’m being extra careful, but I’m looking at the coin and I can’t put the ball down because I can’t quite get the coin in focus,” he said. “So, I’m all over the place. Eventually I get it there, but it’s really hard.”

Probably the best par 3 performance in the history of the PGA.

2 Likes

I hope he has already had all the medical diagnosis needed. That sounds scary. Take care of yourself Fred, please don’t think you are too busy for the MDs.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1181279481828233216?s=20