Free Tickets for TSU - Hurricane Supply Drive extended

UH is accepting donations tomorrow for hurricane Florence victims and each donation comes with a free ticket for Saturday’s game.

2 Likes

any one know what TSU’s average home attendance is?

I think they had 1200 for their home opener this year at Dyanmo stadium.

They had 1824 for their one home game this year vs. UT-Permian Basin at BBVA Stadium.

TX State had 15440 for its home game vs. TSU a couple weeks ago.

I wonder how many they will bring since we are giving away the tickets for free.

I don’t think there will be tons of people responding to that offer. Maybe 1,000.

They do very well for Classic games with traditional HBCU rivals. If we gave TSU free tickets outright, and they got the tailgating right, I think they could bring 8,000.

ITEMS OF NEED

* Bottled water
* Cleaning supplies: mops, mop buckets, brooms, bleach wipes, bleach, garbage bags, bug spray
* Canned ready-to-eat items with pull tops including vegetables and fruit
* Protein in pouches or pull-top cans: tuna, beef stew, chili, canned chicken
* Peanut butter
* Snacks: granola bars, breakfast bars, etc.
* Toiletries
* Diapers
* Baby wipes
* Pet food

People back there are in tough shape like we were a year ago. My wife’s school flooded during Harvey and she got a ton of help from people back in the Carolinas so this is a good opportunity to return the favor. Thanks in advance for anything you can do through any avenue you find to help.

3 Likes

I don’t think the supply drive free tickets are about an artificial boost in attendance. It’s just a bigger push for a great cause. Even if only 50 people donate for the free tickets, it’s still 50 more donations.

2 Likes

I went to Wal-Mart today and loaded a cart with food, cleaning supplies, and blankets and took them out to UH. I was very fortunate during Harvey and this is my way of playing it forward.

9 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you OldtimeCoog. I saw aerial shots of my hometown this afternoon. Parts of it along the creek are being evacuated and it’s not even close to being one of the harder hit areas.

I appreciate your thank you but I didn’t do it for thanks, I did it because if felt that I needed to do it.

Thanks are warranted none the less. Reaffirmed my belief that there are still good people in this world. Proud to call them Coogs!

1 Like