Friday Night Lights set for April 12

I thought the marketing guys was formerly with the Dynamo? So far the marketing for UH athletics has been the usal terrible same. I was going to go to the spring game but not if it isba straight out practic. Shame on UH for calling it Friday Night Lights the not market it to just turn around and tell us by the way it will be a usual practice. Ill just hope that Holgerson decided that he felt they have not had enough time to implement his new offense and defense systems to allow for a decent spring game.

Who is the best marketing person on Twitter to ask about this? Or by email? I need to make a decision pretty quickly on whether to invite friends to this. The last thing I want to do is round up guys who may be interested in attending games and make them go watch tackling drills for an hour.

I have no clue. You would think Pez and the positions directly under him.

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1115739047392174080?s=21

1 Like

I emailed Pam Kehoe to ask if there was an agenda of events. Weā€™ll see if she responds.

1 Like

I donā€™t know the schedule, but I believe itā€™ll also be Junior day/weekend based on some tweets Iā€™ve seen. Guessing there will be a large contingent of recruits there.

I imagine heā€™s doing what he thinks is best for the team, not for the boosters.

2 Likes

Yep ! You bet he is gardbarns ! He is not fooling around ; He is a hard nose do quality work Coach . Go Coogsā€¦eat 'em up !

Iā€™m perfectly fine with him hunkering down and focusing on his team. Just donā€™t market it as an event worthy of attending. This whole thing has been very confusing for me, and Iā€™m pretty tuned in to Coog news. I canā€™t imagine how disappointing itā€™s going to be for people who arenā€™t as informed if they show up expecting a red white game and itā€™s nothing like that.

5 Likes

He isnā€™t even calling it a scrimmage. The dude is getting paid way more than the athletic department can afford and he is telling people, ā€œif you donā€™t want to see a practice, donā€™t come.ā€ The quick response might be ā€œhe isnā€™t getting paid to market, he is getting paid to winā€ well if he isnā€™t going to help hype the program, he sure as hell better win more games than he was winning at his previous stop that got him this overblown pay day.

1 Like

He may be hot from a bad day of work by the team. Like the guys are not where they need to be to have a game, so why would I call it a game. That is what I am reading in the undertone.

That may be true but like 2002, I was planning to go, already called up a couple of buddies thinking it was going to be like that last few years. I donā€™t even care if itā€™s a basic scrimmage where no score is kept. Iā€™d still go. But if itā€™s just an open practice in the stadium, there are going to be hundreds of people that donā€™t visit this forum and donā€™t follow JD on twitter that will be starting out the new era with some disappointment.

This is the email response I got from Pam Kehoe:

It is an open practice. Free parking in lots 12 A and 12 B. We will open doors at 6 pm. Practice starts at 7 pm. From 6 ā€“ 7 pm we will have some activities to entertain fans, with the band and spirt squads stopping by, virtual reality game set up, and Fanatics will be doing a big sale. The concession stands on the south side of the stadium will be open throughout the event. When the team takes the field at 7 pm itā€™s a practice not a game.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I donā€™t really care whatā€™s happening on the field, Iā€™ll watch it regardless. What I was concerned with was that that would be all there was. Iā€™ve taken my small children for the past few years, and they love the event. My daughter always looks forward to seeing the mascots and the band. Communication from the school about what would be on offer has been really confusing this year.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going and Iā€™ll say thisā€¦Iā€™d rather see what Danaā€™s doing than follow whatever weā€™re used to seeing the last couple of years. Didnā€™t seem to work out

4 Likes

Someone dropped the ball here or decided to kill what was originally planned. Pretty lame

Letā€™s go practice No. 13

1 Like

Reading his statements, my impression is that CDH doesnā€™t want to show Oklahoma any game type formations or game related info. In my opinion, smart move. Why give an opponent who has the on field superior team any additional advantage. Iā€™ll gladly give up a scrimmage or spring game to get any small edge over our opponents.

9 Likes

Iā€™m fine with this, I think CDH interview was hilarious. Heā€™s probably thinking ā€œdid you see our defense last year? Do you know who weā€™re playing game 1? You really think Iā€™m gonna waste one of my precious few spring practices on a stupid simulated game?ā€

Did they not have spring games in WV?

3 Likes

Oklahoma has played against Danaā€™s offense and defense 7 straight years. They know his game plan and I doubt they would devote any time to a Spring scrimmage recorded on a cell phone. This more than likely has to do with us being two deep on offense and not even having enough defensive backs worthy of a scrimmage to fill one squad, little alone two.

5 Likes