From Chicken **** to Ed Oliver All-American Freshmen

You mean the chicken butt pie?

Well, they did pick Chad Morris over him before we hired him.

Interesting comments by one of our incoming signees. Duke was another one that schools came after hard after our former coach left.

https://twitter.com/RealAlexDuke_/status/839905982247501824
https://twitter.com/RealAlexDuke_/status/839906718704365569

2 Likes

The former coach is turning into a classless sob. That’s all I’ve got to say.

2 Likes

He’s always been a classless donkey, he just bothered to hide it more.

And honestly, I was guilty of looking the other way while he was here. In hindsight, we’re better than that. I’m glad he’s gone and I fully believe Applewhite is going to do very well here. Probably with fewer concussion-related retirements too.

3 Likes

We all were 2002. As long as he was winning big at UH, we all turn the blind eye. Well most of us. It all started with me with the bizarre interview with 610 Nick Wright & John Lopez…Everything John Lopez said now makes a lot of sense. Tom Herman is a self absorbed ego maniac & hot head. I believed some one in here called him a or diagnosed him as a sociopath.

I just think he sees his profession as a way to make the most money as quickly as he can, and he is lying, deceiving, or anything on the grey line that would benefit him personally only.

1 Like

Not getting into the Big12 was the nail in the coffin for him not coming back to UH. I heard he was devastated because he thought UH was a sure thing to go into a P5 conference.

I truly believe he left UH because he believe he can hand pick or at least bring a lot of the top players to Texas. And he could use his time at UH to help him land the top players from Houston.

Problem is that Texas is coming off a real bad year & Texas is no longer the best brand in college football. Recruiting is also harder now with other power programs established in the Texas recruiting circles.

Hopefully Herman has the Memphis kicker from 2015 on his Christmas card list. If he made that, no title and no Peach Bowl. Thankfully he missed and we had a great experience and some great 2016 recruits.

2 Likes

He was gone to UT the second UT pulled the rug out from under us, even if that kicker did get that field goal. Maybe at a smaller paycheck but gone all the same.