From JD at Houston Chronicle

First, thank you to those who personally reached out to me and for all your concern, thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

I have taken a leave of absence from the Chronicle to be with my wife Teresa, whose father unexpectedly passed away Sunday, February 10. She is understandably struggling with the loss, as is my son Gavin, who thought the world of his Grandpa.

While my father-in-law did not attend the University of Houston (he went to Louisiana Tech and Centenary College) he had a passion for Cougars athletics and would always ask me how each program was doing. Fun story: while he was an undergraduate at Louisiana Tech, he would commute every day from Shreveport to Ruston. Every now and then he would have a passenger join him – a guy named Terry Bradshaw.

This is a big loss for our family.

Thank you again for the thoughts and prayers during this extremely difficult time.

JD

43 Likes

Thanks for sharing with your Cougar family. I know we all are sending our best wishes your way.

1 Like

Thanks JD we were worried sick, sorry for ur loss, we appreciate all u do for Cougar athletics and anxiously await ur return

5 Likes

JD stay strong for your wife & son and all the Duarte family. May your father-in-law RIP.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

sorry to hear that buddy. praying for comfort and peace that only God can give, to you and your family.

Sorry for your loss JD. Condolences to the family.

1 Like

Sending my condolences and good vibes to you and yours. Take all the time that you need for your family. Your Cougar family has your back. Whatever the need may be, reach out to us, we will rally around you!

Go Coogs. Peace.

Hey JD condolences to you and your loved ones. May he rest in peace and thank you for covering your wifes and our University. Hope you guys get well soon.

Sincerest condolences!

Our prayers are with JD and his family.

Deepest condolences Mr. Duarte.

May God bless you and your family.

Sorry for your loss JD

Know that you are in my prayers!

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, JD.

May you find peace in this difficult time. My prayers for you and your family.

1 Like

JD, You & your family are in our thoughts & prayers. Looking forward to your return.
Bo & Josie

Thank you for stopping by, JD, and sharing. Sending healing thoughts your way.

So sorry for your family’s loss. Appreciate you sharing that great story with us. At times like these, those stories carry so much more with them. Condolences.

Sorry for your family’s loss, JD.