From the ridiculous to the sublime

Being a long time UH fan and grad, I was compelled to watch today’s game ( couldn’t attend, live out of town) and didn’t expect much, but didn’t think it would be as bad as it was. Then, as my better half is an LSU grad and fanatic, had to watch their game. Maybe someday, UH will get to that level, but probably not in my life time. But, what the hell, it just football. But the hunger is there.

2 Likes

Well Brad,

Welcome back! Go LSU!

2 Likes

Hey Brad…don’t forget 1999

5 Likes

I was there (and at the 2 we lost as well) and it was great. It cost LSU’s coach DiNardo his job.

1 Like

As I recall that year, Helton had 7 wins and 5 of the coaches he beat got fired !!!

1 Like

I watched that game and was surprised we won.

LSU coach got fired soon after and Nick Saban was hired, LSU owe us a big thank you!

2 Likes

Me too…LSU scored on their 1st possession and the booze was flowing in drunk valley. I recall that our D was outstanding. Great win for our Cougs!

We beat Army the next week…but Helton was already doomed by losing to UAB earlier in the year.

1 Like

I was in NWO for business and attended that game. Tiger fans all but ran out of the stadium. Not a jail break, more like an evacuation. Radio call in shows afterward assured that DeNardo was toast. And someone on our side had a trumpet that was not welcomed by the security staff at LSU. What a day.

76,671 angry customers.
https://static.lsusports.net/custompages/assets/docs/fb/99stats/ls10.htm