Frost, 8-13 at Nebraska, gets two-year extension

“Coach Frost has shown tremendous leadership in beginning to rebuild our football program,” university chancellor Ronnie Green and athletic director Bill Moos said in a joint statement. “We appreciate that a change of this nature will not happen overnight. We are committed to Scott and the direction he is taking this program. Scott is the right coach at the right time for this program. We are excited for the heights to which he will take Nebraska football and the tremendous impact he will have in the development of our student athletes.”

1 Like

Weird move

2 Likes

Assuming we win no more games this year, and 5 wins next year, would UofH give Holgo an extension at 8-13? Better yet, forget about this year, is UofH committed to Dana and the direction he is taking this program if we drastically improve as a team and go 8-4 next year? Also, when are we gonna start running the Air Raid offense?

2 Likes

I’d hope not

1 Like

LMAO!

Sounds to me that the Chancellor and AD recognize that they have a good coach who needs time to rebuild a program.

Patience is a virtue lost on too many today.

21 Likes

That maybe true, but it’s a weird extension right now. There’s not been a ton of progress and he was still there for three more seasons which is more than enough time to show results.

2 Likes

He is the chosen one. Nebraska has decided if Frost can’t get them winning, no one will.

My 2nd Bachelors is from Big Red.

1 Like

Hes doing really well in recruiting…I think he’ll turn it around bigtime in 2 years.

1 Like

Breath of fresh air

Not if Arkansas has been calling.

That’s the difference on keeping your job with a losing record. I don’t think Morris, Applewhite or Taggart showed much leadership which is probably a big reason they are gone after 2 years.

CoachesHotSeat still has him at #2 on their list of next coaches to be fired. Worthless site.

He ain’t going anywhere for a long time.

Frost has made them WAY more competitive…It just has not translated into wins yet…

1 Like

The alums that will help pay for the contract likely see signs of improvement. Additionally, it may be needed to confront negative recruiting on him possibly getting fired based on a poor record.

I wish they would schedule us.

Same site has CDH on it – completely bogus.

I remember reading something a while back to the effect that Scott Frost was going to get an exceptionally long leash because Nebraskans are convinced that:

1. Their 20 years in the desert is due to getting away from Tom Osbourne days with Nebraska farm boys running the dang ball
  2. It’s going to take a long time to rebuild the program with Nebraska farm boys running the dang ball
  3. That Scott Frost is as close as they’re going to get to another Tom Osbourne, and if Frost can’t make Nebraska win it might not be possible to win anymore.

and because of that they’re going to be really patient.

I wish the world worked that way.

Going away from the triple option was really stupid. That was Nebraska’s identity. It made them special

1 Like