Home game for the opponent. Liberty knocked off Wake Forest earlier in the year and was 21-14 last year. This would be a decent win, but the Coogs need to show up.
CKS before the game:
- We controlled the game for most of it, but they spread us out and we couldn’t keep them off the free throw line
- Need more balanced scoring.
- Missed 11 wide open 3’s
- 3-10 from the line in the 2nd half
- Not where we will be later in the season
- Had teams that did this before, and we’ll get where we need to go
- Corey and Van Beck are good shooters, and they just missed wide open shots. Probably won’t win if they continue to go 0-11
- 31 games so you won’t go undefeated
- Scored 80 points, lost 14 points at the free throw line, 2-18 from the 3 point lane. Pace and offense was good, but just didn’t hit shots
- Defense is where young teams struggle. 4 new players out there trying to play defense, but aren’t there yet
- Tough game today; Liberty beat Wake Forest. Lost to maybe the best team at this tourney (Mercer) who has 6 seniors and will be an NCAA tourney team. Almost beat UCF.
- Liberty is a good team and well coached. Kept it close last year until the last part of the game.
- Team has to relax and just play, not dwell on it.
- Says that he needs to get Alley in there and White in there more and the vets need to play.
- Liberty is a half-court team that will cut and try to slow it down. Defense is key today.
Galen Robinson starting for Corey Davis today
Coogs trying to go inside early, but it’s not working very well. 7-2 Liberty with 16:27 left.
Van Beck hits his first 3…good sign
9-5 Liberty at the first break. 3 turnovers early.
12-6 Liberty with 12:20 as the Coogs continue to not be able to score.
2-8 from the field and 5 turnovers
If you cant listen, here’s the gametracker
9:56 left in the half, still 12-6 Liberty.
Coogs haven’t scored in 5 minutes. 2-12 now and 6 turnovers.
Finally, Corey Davis with a 3 with 9:27 left makes it 12-9
18-13 Liberty with 7:25 left in the half.
22-18 Liberty with 3:53 left. Seems like an ugly game
Coogs go into halftime with a 27-25 lead as Van Beck got hot.
Coogs shooting 33% to Liberty’s 32%. D.Davis has 10 while Van Beck has 9
Looks like this will stay close till the end.
Coogs up 33-32 at the first break in the half.
Zanna with 4 fouls and has to sit.
Tied 42-42 with 10:55 left. Van Beck with 16
Liberty in the bonus now with 9:02 left in the half. Coogs down 46-45
50-49 Coogs with 5:51 to go.
Brady crashing the boards and has 10 rebounds.
55-54 Coogs with 4:07 left. Just can’t shake Liberty.
Gray heating up a bit, now has 14.