Game Thread: Houston vs. North Carolina - (L 4-3)

Silver linings for tomorrow:

1. Purdue’s probably going to start Ryan Beard who can be wild and is very hittable. Coogs should be able to score runs tomorrow.

2. If they do make it to see UNC again, UNC’s starting pitching quality drops off sharply after their first two guys and the Coogs should be able to score runs against whoever starts for them.

Don’t count the Coogs out yet. We were in a similar position in 2014 and made it through.

7 Likes

Hell yeah let’s make a 2014 reapeat!!! I thought we were done trailing lay 6-2 in the 8th inning and shut off the game. A few hours later I saw we won in 10 that was amazing!

1 Like

Last time I did that was 2003, UH was playing Texas A&M in the second game of the College Station Regional, we were down by three (maybe four) runs late in the game, so I turned it off. Some time later, a family member called me celebrating, telling me we came back to beat the Aggies and will be playing Rice in the Super Regional.

2 Likes

It was a good baseball game. We’re set up fine if we don’t get into long innings with Purdue.

We need some good starting mound work and an early lead tomorrow. We’ve seen their lineup and they’re beatable. Just make it through tomorrow.

This is just my opinion but I don’t think UNC is as good as ECU.

We can still win it.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/1003137397390041088

How can you say their fine. The one weakness this year is stating pitching isn’t deep as prev few years. That’s why they had so many mid week losses that kept rpi low bec the Hou Bap, SHSU etc were beating us. After Randel today it drops even another step so imo no way can I see their ok win/lose against Boilers.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SHPawdcast/status/1003283759763021826

I was there. It was 6-2 in the 8th. Dave South was already telling Aggy how to buy tickets for the Supers.

Then we scored 2 in the eighth.

And 2 more in the ninth to go to extras.

And the winning run came home in the tenth when their pitcher picked up a swinging bunt and airmailed it over the first baseman’s head.

6000 Aggies walked out in in silence, and 100 Coogs went absolutely nuts.

Probably my favorite UH baseball memory.

4 Likes

You need to calm down, Greenie.

1 Like

Had go get me Coors Light out of fridge, trying to calm down . They make coffee nervous.

1 Like

From this point forward I will refer to be irrationally exuberant as, “getting Chester-ed”.

We did have plenty to worry about.