GAME THREAD - Houston vs Oregon Dec 1st, 8pm on ESPN2 (W 65-61)

after seeing the teams in the MTE, its close…very close
the bottom looks way worse…we already have 3 reported 350-ish rpi and havent even announced our buy games yet .we had 1 last season…

we are expecting huge improvement from lsu and st louis…but at this point last year we thought lsu and st louis would be good last season too (they werent)…and honestly arkansas, providence = oregon, okstate, byu …(ok state and byu arent projected tourney teams)

Who are our three reported 350-ish RPI teams?

:pray: Please no repeat of August 29th 2014 Please :pray:
The Cage Remembers

rice, alabama state and northwesrten state…people were able to figure out the field in our preseason tourney by looking at byus schedule and figured out the specifics of which teams are in it…note that these arent even buy games these are part of a round robin tourney…
we still need to add 5 buy games to the schedule…there is a chance we add more 350-ish rpi game like incarnate word

if st louis and lsu do turn it around like we are all hoping…the highes might be higher, but the lows might be way lower

sampson presser today said this game was the bow on the non-conference, so its unlikley we add anyone else big

I thought you said these were reported games? Lmao. Sounds like a bunch of guessing to me.

i though it was guessing too, but like an a hour ago i noted its not just guessing anymore a few sites were able to get information…they even have the official name of the preseason tourney “men against cancer classic”…it still isnt confirmed but i doubt they figured out the name to a made up classic…they likely have a source somewhere

imo i think the staff knows how bad it is…Sampson listed all the games, didnt bother to mention these, no way we dont know the name of the opponent in a round robin tourney a month after its announced, when 90% of other tourneys have already been announced ( you have to know who is hosting and where it fits on your schedule)

We’ll see who we play out of those teams mentioned.

I see that UH is already “hedging” on the starting time. “will be announced at a later date”.

It should be 7:00 p.m.(or maybe 8:00)…unless a TV network wants to pay UH (and only UH) big enough bucks to move it.

Otherwise, tell the TV networks to shove it !!!

OOPS…just heard Sampson on channel 13 say that it would be 8:00 p.m… game…I like it !!!

1 Like

Pesik you’re being a little dramatic. 347 teams in NCAA men’s; to assume we’re playing 3 + another 5 @ 350 would have to mean coach actively persued the absolute worst teams available.

i said 350-ish not 350 & there are 351 ncaa teams not 347. i normally go by 50s to represent teams (300ish, 350-ish, 200. 250. top 100 etc)

Alabama state was 333 rpi
northwestern state was 342 rpi
rice was was 328 rpi

also i dont think we actively pursued them, this is a preseason tourney, we dont choose who is in the tourney, who ever created this tourney actively pursued them. it should have been on us to say no thank you

itll be interesting to see who we go after with our buy games…we normally have 1 or 2 team of that level on our schedule, but they are buy games…will be curious if we still do it this year, or try and make up for such a bad tourney and schedule top mid majors

You’re right, really. Those are some terrible teams to play. Except rice. Don’t mind laying down a hometown beatdown.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1011400347540180992

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1011392253770850305
https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1011332436377194497
https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1011323868349427713
https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1011315871590113280

I can’t wait for the return game in Eugene. Its’s just a little over 2 hours from Bend.

Btw, I follow the Ducks basketball program a bit and they have the #2 nationally ranked recruiting class. Hopefully the new Fratitta Center is rockin’ and our kids play well.

One thing to note, with the new system, any game with 241 or higher makes it a group of 4 game regardless of location. When it comes to home games, 161 and up makes it group 4 and neutral court 201 and up is group 4.

1 Like

Does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale? I am an OOTC (Ohio) but will be in Houston for Dec. 1 and would love to make the game.

I’d be surprised if single game tickets go on sale for that game more than a week before the game. I think the goal is to sell out the arena to season ticket holders.

Season tickets went on sale last year in August and single game tickets started selling closer to the season around October/November.

@shaggylives is right in that they’ll probably push to sell season tickets (or even mini-plans) as much as possible before selling single game tickets to this one. May be one you have to find on stubhub.

I could even picture a November campaign (once the season has started) … “buy a conference season pass, get an opening day ticket for free”

1 Like