Game Thread: vs. Rice (WIN 45-27)

Is it too early for score predictions? I’m ready! Lol

I cannot predict the halftime score. But I can predicat that the fans on the side of the stadium facing the sun there will be more fans under the bleachers than in their seats.

These rediculus start times need to stop…if nothing else for player safety.

2 Likes

Last year, the raw talent gap between the teams appeared to be substantial. Rice can’t fix that in one year. I like playing Rice, just wish they were gonna be much better this season.

These early games should be played in the evening for the safety of players and comfort of fans. Remember, however, Saban recently made the same complaint about daytime starts. The TV money rules everyone, even Alabama.

The TV money does rule everyone, but it sucks that the TV schedule is set up that at the same time we are playing Rice on CBSSN, Texas Tech is playing Ole Miss IN HOUSTON on ESPN. In the Houston market, how much better will the Tech game do on ratings and attendance? Why have both of these games at the same time?

over/under the amount of UH fans. 85.5

Edit: disregard…didn’t realize you were talking percentage.

You’re probably spot on.

It is a home game for us.

Will be 80/20 UH fans/Rice fans. Last time we played over there, attendance was ~20k. My guess, ~12k Coogs will be on hand.

I’ll be there.

I will be there also but my wife will not be. She can’t sit in that kind of heat for that long.

Thinking about bringing an old windshield sun shield to sit under, just to keep from getting sunburned . . . . .

2 Likes

My wife has one of those beanies with the umbrella on top. I bet she wears it.

This may be the year I finally buy one of those straw UH cowboy hats.

That’s what I have

Are they more comfortable than regular caps?

Do yall recommend buying the tickets when they go on sale from our school (i dont know the sale date), rice (august 1st i believe was mentioned) or stub hub the week before? theyre 55 (lowest) right now. Im trying to bring 7 people as of now maybe more as more confirm.

Not really, but they definitely help keep the sun off you

It’s been a while, but Rice stadium actually has decent tickets for the away team.

1 Like

I always get tickets from UH on the east side but there are enough empty seats that we usually move to the west side once shade from the upper deck reaches the lower stands.

1 Like

My first game as an alum :’(

Gonna miss being in that student section

#Bauer18

4 Likes