GAMEDAY THREAD: BYU vs UH at the Fertitta Center, 8 pm on ESPNU (L 72-71)

A. What’s BYU like this year? B. Do they have a big fan base for bb? C. Go Coogs!! D. Couldn’t make it Tuesday night for the game, but for those who did can you still park by the music hall across from the baseball field? If not what’s parking situation like?
8pm tipoff is great imo gives us time to get to the game without being rushed terribly wish all weeknight games were at 8

From what I’ve read they should be an NIT caliber team…close loss to sdsu a few days ago. Not sure how their fan base travels but they pack their arena with 12000 fans each home game.

I know the ncaa goes off of rpi. Will this do us any favors?

They are better than Evansville.

1 Like

byu is a very good team

their best player yoeli childs is suspended 9 games for not following ncaa protocol on how to withdraw from nba draft, their backup big was lost for the season to injury…those 2 were their only legit bigs …at full strength with childs they will be a ncaa bubble-ish team…but he wont playing vs us

without him they are tiny so we should have a huge post advantage… but this will be the best 3pt shooting team we will play all season …they have 7-8 players who can really really shoot it …1-4 are likely automatic if open (without childs they go 4 guards) and the 5 they are using can make it at a decent clip if open

likely a tier 2 win by seasons end… and they do have a big fanbase

4 Likes

It’ll pretty much be Hawes and then everyone else.

not entirely this year…their new coach got the best player for his old team to transfer to byu (toolson-who is an elite shooter- has been their best player so far)…they got a top 100 4* transfer guard from arizona who got a waiver (barcello)

As I posted elsewhere, BYU has already lost a home game to an unranked team.

I like our chances at the Fertitta Center.

BYU ain’t bad…but they’re NOT a world beater.

1 Like

D. Can’t park across from music hall unless you have a Green Lot pass for basketball. But same lot, further down by the new parking garage is the $10 cash lot.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1195008557575495680

Athletics Dept is trying at least…

1 Like

BYU is a good test. We should win, it is better test than Alabama A&M.

Hawes can play and so can Childs but we were able to match up pretty well with them at full strength last season at their place.
Doubt they are the best shooting team from the arc we will play. I put Oregon and Oklahoma State ahead of them. Anyway, this will be an upgrade in competition from what this group has seen in real action not counting the exhibition with TT.
They are thin and will be traveling and playing on short rest.

Does this mean that it’s a white out?

oregon is 2 elite shooters, the rest are actually poor…oklahoma state is 2 elite shooters, 2 of their freshman were known as shooters in HS but havent shot it well…the rest are poor shooters

byu has 7 or 8 shooters that are elite shooters…all 5 on the floor at anytime can/will shoot it…

they are thin at big with childs suspended/ baxter’ injury but theyare loaded at guards…they have a 19 player roster (new coach took half of the players from his old team and added them to byu)… also haws isn’t their best guard this year its Jake toolson, he is a 16pt per 6’5 45% 3pt shooter, that followed the coach to byu as a grad transfer…

but we should win, we have an insane post/size advantage

1 Like

sampson on byu
https://twitter.com/AYanez_5/status/1195036155781242881

UH is currently a -11.5 favorite

Sidenote to DPC’s comment…

Coogs currently at 100/1 on futures to win the NCAA. Grab it at that price as I strongly suspect that number will work its way downward throughout the season. $10 bucks makes you a thousand! :slight_smile:

Side sidenote: The Entitlement University of Austin is also 100/1. The Shaka Smart effect, I suppose.

Certainly wish i could be there, after receiving my ticket and parking passes i was pumped, then i decided to get on a ladder and go into my daughters attic to check her heating system, not smart, the results unsecured ladder + 15 ft fall +75 yrs old man =stay in the hospital for (ORIF) down 6-10 weeks. Hope to be ready by mid Jan. Go Coogs

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this. Hope you have a speedy recovery . . . . .

6 Likes

Mr Williams I also wish you a speedy recovery. Hope you can watch all the games as you recuperate and get yourself ready for the important conference games.

3 Likes