GAMEDAY THREAD: Cincinnati at Houston (L 38-23)

One more, that could have been illegal contact or pass interference, hands all over the WR.

It probably only happens if the league cares, AAC clearly doesn’t, it’s been atrocious for years

3 Likes

Theres still time! To believe, that is. Lol

Were the officials a problem? Absolutely. But our defense had 1st and 20, 3rd and 18 and they converted. While we were getting screwed, when our D had a chance, they failed.

2 Likes

the takeaways thats important:
vaugh got better
kirven got better
chambers back in rotation and got a sack
anderson starting to live up to his hype
young Oline had a good game vs quality dline

7 Likes

They converted the 3rd and 18 because of a BS late hit call, so you are making the argument against yourself

6 Likes

Cincy gave up a lot of yards on penalties that we didn’t take advantage of. Yeah refs screwed us multiple times, but that still doesn’t make it an excuse.

Giving up big time plays on 3rd/4th continues to plague us. Dropped passes. Bad coverage reads. Playing 4 QB’s in a game?

It’s like we are trying out new playbooks every game. We consistently went deep for the first time all season.

1 Like

QB containment was certainly an issue. Outside of that, the defense played almost lights out in the second half.

1 Like

Yeah, a drive that was set up by the refs with a penalty on our guy for hitting a QB that was in bound! Instead of punting the ball away Cinci got a fresh set of downs and 15 free yards to boot! That kind of bailouts for Cinci by the refs all night killed us!

4 Likes

He had 16 of the 18 yards before the BS call. So, the problem is still there. It still doesn’t dismiss the other times where they had 1st, 2nd, or 3rd and long and converted.

Lot of bad luck today. Fun game to watch though. Team played hard. Next week is a 99% win percentage we need it.

3 Likes

I think one thing we can all agree with —— Coach Holgorsen should end the idea of putting his son at the QB position again! There isn’t a single indication that shows me his son should be the QB for this team! If Tune is hurt I want to see Smith getting a chance to play QB!

4 Likes

As bad as the calls were, our turnovers were our true undoing.

5 Likes

At least UT lost.

6 Likes

I’m calling it now, we will win our next 2 games. Lock it in. UConn will be a cakewalk and SMU will come in on that short week beat to hell after playing Temple.

4 Likes

I got that impression with this team since game 1. They need to get their acts together and stop making silly mistakes and miss so many tackles and the coaches need to learn how to manage the clock better and put in an offensive system that isn’t so predictable! Oh, and protect the QB better. Tune is a great QB, he is very accurate on the deep ball if he is given the time to throw!

3 Likes

If Tune was 100% we win this game. It is what it is. We will lose some and win some this year. Next season, watchase! Go Coogs! We got the team, just need to put the pieces together. It will happen.

4 Likes

Need to run a million pass plays vs Uconn to get whoever the QB is going to be up to speed. Taking 30 years to get a play in isnt going to work against the rest of our schedule.

2 Likes

Can’t agree with you more! It took us 30 seconds to get a play started! That is way too long, especially when you’re behind! We go from hurry-up offense to snail-pace offense! It seems our offense takes a mini vacation between every snap! That has got to go! And it’s on the coaches!

3 Likes