GAMEDAY THREAD! Houston at Connecticut - Thursday @ 6 PM on ESPN (W 71-63)

Ah, I remember that now. Time for a beatdown.

1 Like

Brady didn’t have his best game. Harris spotted him as a good replacement.

Between them
10 fouls to give. You gotta love our depth at the 5 position.

3 Likes

In several games now I’ve noticed that we don’t look for Davis as the “designated” free throw shooter in the last couple of minutes when the other team is fouling. Armoni, Galen and Jurreau for all their other attributes aren’t reliable on the line and often miss these free throws.

It is good experience for them as you can’t completely control who the other team fouls.

1 Like

Right, but we should be inbounding to Davis so he gets fouled. Or for example, if Armoni grabs a board, look for Davis to pass to instead of holding on to the ball and waiting to get fouled.

Tulane is historically bad this year. They packed it in a month ago. They’re tanking for the draft. We’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I believe that they have been doing just that. Of course, the other team knows that .

1 Like

Chris Harris becoming an exciting rotation guy is something I am definitely excited about. His confidence now as compared to even a month or so ago is night and day.

6 Likes

Seems pretty ridiculous we were only credited with 3 blocks.
Thanks refs

2 Likes
3 Likes

Harris up to 8 points, 4 rebounds, 1 block.

Creeping up the contribution matrix. At this rate of progress he’ll be one of our top three scoring threats heading into the tourney.

Better yet, it won’t be long until opposing coaches are keying him
RAIN THE ROCK, BABY!

2 Likes

White seems to have lost his confidence. He hasn’t provided much the last few games.

2 Likes

David Nuno announced the UH record as 21-4 to conclude the UH basketball segment on channel 13. Way to go Gaggy.

Following a question in the post game interview. I think the blew the whistle when the clock didn’t reset soon as UConn had the ball. Agree with coach that shouldn’t have been worthy of a whistle. UConn had the advantage and was pushing fast. If it was a shot clock violation whistle it was a terrible call. If it was a shot clock not resetting whistle, it was poor judgment because the refs could have waited until the finished the break or pulled up to set their offense before they fixed the clock. I’m glad the game didn’t end up close enough where we overly benefited from it. I like winning on a bad call only slightly better than losing on a bad call.

I say it again I have never been impressed with White, doesn’t know what to do with the ball whe he gets it, timid, only shoots that 15 ft jumper, not impressed

1 Like

BIG PICTURE

UConn: The Huskies played without two stars. Junior point guard Alterique Gilbert missed his fifth straight game since suffering the latest in a series of injuries to his left shoulder. Adams has what may turn out to be a season-ending knee injury. The Huskies are 1-4 since Gilbert’s injury.

Houston: The Cougars’ bench, led by Jarreau, outscored UConn’s 42-9. Chris Harris Jr., Cedrick Alley Jr. and Brison Gresham were a combined 9 for 9 from the floor.

Man, I like all these guys. Teams can’t just focus on one aspect of our game and they pick each other up when their game is not on. Noone can be Michael Jordan and I’m very excited to see what we can do in the big tourney.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CoreyDavisJr_/status/1096242269512966144
https://twitter.com/g_robinson1/status/1096240730891268096

1 Like