GAMEDAY THREAD! Houston at Connecticut - Thursday @ 6 PM on ESPN (W 71-63)

Any road win is a good win but if UCONN’s two best guys had played, I think we lose last night. Maybe those guys being out is why we started out half asleep. But then again, it was the 3rd game in 8 days. I expect we will start kind of ugly against Tulane too. But even with all the ugliness, we shot 48%, 54% on 3’s. That’s pretty darn good.

So I’m happy we can play not so good and still win.

3 Likes

I think the ref thought the ball hit the top of the backboard which is a turnover. It might have, it was close, very weird sequence. UCONN would have been within 5 if they had converted on the fast break. That being said our transition defense has been on point the last 2 years. Armoni was all the way back ready for them. We’ve had plenty of 2 on 1s and 3 on 1s end with no points for the other team so it was not a gimmie.

More than anything I thought it was our defense that wasnt as sharp at times. But yet we still held them to 63 points. I think a few guys might be getting tired…good thing we have the week to relax after Tulane!

Also it seems we let teams back in the game once we get into our ball control offense. Each road game we’ve had a lead of at least 16 points with the exception of Temple. I think thats impressive.

3 Likes

UConn threw everything they had at us and it was well short. That is encouraging.

2 Likes

Anyone see a postgame presser anywhere? Hard to find sometimes with away games.

I posted it last night in this thread. Just scroll up a little

There it is thanks.

1 Like

Well, the refs didn’t get tired of blowing those damn whistles…,., especially favoring UConn.

The disparity in FT attempts was a bit much !

2 Likes

No doubt that was ridiculous! I mean 25 fta to 4 with less than 2 minutes to go smh

One website I looked at that ranks the best and worse NCAA MBB refs uses several criteria and one of them is by how much a ref favors the home team. Based on last night, the refs were truly horrible.

3 Likes

Never underestimate UH’s ability to play at the level of the competition…at least for one half. Had Uconn had their other guys we would have turned it up a few degrees and played better ourselves.

Our first halves always belong to the players. The second half belongs to Kelvin Sampson.

3 Likes

Actually, at the 2 minute mark, it was 22 to 1. The only reason it elevated for us was that UConn had to start the intentional fouling.

5 Likes