GAMEDAY Thread: Houston at Rice, 7pm on Facebook (W 97-89)

Hmmm…Jarreau out. I’m wondering if it’s a health issue.

He’s not going to play at all?

No idea

Sampson did say he thought he should have held him out against BYU. So maybe they are letting him get healthier before he comes back.

2 Likes

Curious to see this line up and see how well they play together for 40 mins or how ever many they play

1 Like

likely a motivational tactic to remove the rust (my guess with no source)…all signs point to him playing … missed too many layups the last 2 games

2 Likes

Hopefully, Sasser can come back from his poor showing against BYU. First time in front of that type of crowd and he looked like a deer in the headlights.

Again, glad it happened early…I think he’ll learn from it.

3 Likes

It may be one of those things that if we need him he’ll play but if we’re killing them like we hopefully do he won’t play much

1 Like

Definitely. I got a feeling that Sampson rose them hard since that game Friday and they’ll come out on fire

2 Likes

On your favorite streaming device search for the Facebook Watch app and install. Once installed then search for Rice men’s basketball and the live stream should pull up.

2 Likes

Beautiful picture!

Listening to CKS pregame:

• Says we made 45 charted mistakes against BYU; most in 6 years
  • Not bought in yet
  • No excuse for Hinton and Grimes to only have 1 offensive rebound combined
  • Got to get guys playing the right way
  • Murphy kid for Rice is a blooming star, outstanding player
  • Most are taking Rice for granted…Arkansas was an ambush, but this team went and beat Santa Barbara at their place which is a tough place to win
  • Probably have to play White at 5 more tonight
1 Like

Avery Johnson on the call haha.

Branham says that Jarreau is the 6th man tonight. You were right @pesik, it’s a motivational thing.

1 Like

I know he’s still recovering but that was his role last year. Come in be a sparkplug be aggressive don’t think too much that’s Galen’s job. He’s gonna have to grow into a starting PG mentally even if he didnt have the injury to deal with.

1 Like

White just doesn’t have the best basketball IQ. He makes alot of bad passes and bad decisions with the ball at times

2 Likes

Smart move by Rice to double him. We just need to get shots up we can own the boards on both sides.

a guard needs to be on murphy

For those with streaming devices the CUSA link is WAY better than the CBS link. Shows the score better picture.

We always struggle when we play at rice. I don’t get it.

1 Like