Gameday Thread: Houston vs St. Louis - Sunday @ 2pm on ESPNU (W 68-64)

Ddkately yet you reference no examples. I can handle a tough physical game with some missed calls, but those were just blown, no excuse calls. You got 4 points off that technical. That’s enormous.

I’m just stating facts, not challenging their defense. We have a good defense too…but we had twice as many turnovers.

Please, I beg of you, to save your truth for another person. He will be so in grief, about our team losing. I want you to respect him, regardless of his occupation.

Listen guys, I’m not trying to insult Houston. You guys have a great team, and SLU is not playing to it’s potential. I get that, but the when certain circumstances like that decide a game, it’s extremely frustrating.

We are!!

1 Like

Both teams got the extra time out when the shot clock malfunctioned.

3 Likes

With the A10 as atrocious as it is, this game could be the difference between the NCAA and the NIT for SLU. Who knows, maybe you guys still win in the end, both all those things DID effect the game in HUGE ways.

Traveling coog that’s true. The difference is that SLU was on a run and Houston only had 1 tineout left at the time, when SLU had 3. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

I get it. That’s college basketball for you. The game is officiated by human beings. I don’t think there has ever been a game in the history of basketball where every call or non call was perfect. Win some lose some.
SLU has a great team as well, hence the great game. You lost to a resilient Cougar team today, and SLU will be just fine.
Go Coogs!

2 Likes

SLU was given a break when they went to huddle with one time out left before UH was shooting free throws. Could have easily been a technical.

1 Like

True. You have to admit that there were horrible calls on both ends. I watched on TV so it’s easier to see all of the bad calls. Even the ESPN crew was pointing them out. If I was keeping score of bad calls, it might have been +1 or +2 in UH’s favor. This over-officiating of college basketball is driving me crazy. It’s hard to watch. A game needs flow.

Some of our turnovers were uncharacteristic sloppy ball handling, not anything special that SLU did on defense.

1 Like

Savage, I agree. Like I said, you guys may have still won. And malfunctions happen. But when a dude runs into his own teammates and NO ONE sees it to correct it, that’s really really bad.

You know what’s enormous? When your guy catches the ball with 2 feet on the 3 point arc, does a ball fake, then slides both feet back trying to make it a 3 and they call a foul instead of traveling.

6 Likes

For those watching on TV, did Galen really fall 3 times or was he getting knocked down? Seems like a weird game for him today.

1 Like

Savage, I agree, I’m always in favor of letting the kids play. The game we lost to PITT earlier this year, they called so many fouls, we finished by the final 7 minutes of the 1st half with 4 freshman and a back up big man, so guess I can’t complain too much. You guys have a great team, it’s just the obvious missed calls thats so frustrating

1 Like

Lol shaggy, your complaining be about a play that didn’t even matter, and your expecting a ref to call a players foot moving a couple inches at the end of that game? Come join us in the real world lol

1 Like

Down 3 points and the player travels to try to change it from a 2 point shot to a 3 point shot and the only thing that kept him from shooting 3 free throws was the replay. Didn’t matter?

3 Likes

the announcers said the the air conditioning was one and that might have been causing moisture…it wasnt just galen alot of players were slipping

1 Like

You dont think that play mattered with how close the score was?? Come on man. Crucial change of possession. We could have been more comfortable had that call gone our way and finished out the game with a minute left.

Ok put it this way, if the score was reversed, and they called that travel on Houston, you guys would be going crazy, and justifiably so. Not even a middle school is going to call a travel on that play. I’m sorry. Just not going to happen

1 Like