Gameday Thread: Houston vs St. Louis - Sunday @ 2pm on ESPNU (W 68-64)

Not true. Only since moving to FC.

He will get out of it.

Refs were horrible. Best refs are those that wait for the foul to occur before calling it. These guys were consistently anticipating calls and not calling it. There were bad calls both ways, but SLU got some favorable non-calls late including two blatant travels and the rebound where White got pulled down and the ball ended up in the SLU player’s hands for the easy layup to go up 3.

But, I will say this, SLU was truly the toughest team we’ve played this year. They didn’t back down, we’re great on defense, and pushed us to the limit. Wish the refs had been better because it would have been a great game if it wasn’t for them.

Good luck Billikens, we’re rooting for you the rest of the way.

11 Likes

Sane here Pray 10! Let’s help each other’s RPI, or BPI, or NET, or whatever the hell they’re using these days lol!

9 Likes

Seriously ??

They may be, but the best team won. Look at the final score and the records! End of discussion

Go Coogs

SLU guys… thanks for coming by and participating in the chat. It may get heated sometimes, but it’s nice to have some civil interactions with fans of our opponents.

3 Likes

Cheers y’all

1 Like

I agree with Pray…there were bad calls on both sides…St. Louis came in fired up and played very well…if they play like that the rest of the year they will be a tourney team…
As for our Coogs we are still a work in progress…and let me repeat…this team will be really good by the end of the year…
We had 14 turnovers today, and I will give St. Louis credit for most of them, but we did get sloppy at times. I think that sloppiness led to Hinton riding the pine most of the way.
Coach Sampson has so many tools to work with right now and I will be very disappointed if we are not a tourney team also…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/uhcougarmbk/status/1074461674877345793

Hinton…Freshman…

Davis…Senior …

1 Like

You may have noticed that the guy shooting the FT’s on that play was not the guard that "fell down’, but rather the Houston player (#35) who was setting a screen for the guard that “fell down” because he was shoved into the guard that “fell down”.

It was a foul on the SL player and the correct Houston player was sent to the line for the 1 and 1.

4 Likes

That’s a really good team UH just beat. Really physical and defends well. Hopefully we will have our legs back when we play Utah State in another bruiser.

4 Likes

I was at the game and sit 5 rows up. Your guy was talking smack to our guy while both were headed to their respected sides and the ref saw it. The refs sucked but that one was no home cooking.

They also motioned with their elbow to the coach and player responsible indicating he gave a “chicken wing” to the UH player. Not sure what Galen did to get a T but I assumed it was some “chirping”

Hahaha. Refs were bad both ways. Y’all got lots of calls too. Quit crying.

We have all learned…

You guys were salty when we curb stomped you in St Louis too.

Good luck in the NIT, bud.

Well, there is a new cowboy in town and it looks like Galen will be sharing playing time. We need the depth. It was strange to see two of our bigs throw up air balls from 3 with Armoni standing a few feet away and wide open. I hope we do not do that again because otherwise we might not score enough points.
In the other game:
LSU had three extreme travels that went uncalled. I have never seen such weird non-calls. One was at mid-court where they guy stumbled forward several steps with no one near him and there was no call.

1 Like

You guys have a hell of a team. Saint Louis will win a lot of games just because of how great your defense is. I was a big Rick Majerus fan, and will be rooting for you guys the rest of the way.

4 Likes

Recorded and watched later. Glad I saw the Chronicle headline that the Coogs had won.

Where was Hinton?
Corey Davis with a couple of seriously clutch shots.
Frenchy needs to be better at the line if he’s going to drive that much. He also needs to find the nearest milkshake machine and weight room. He will be very good with some additional strength.
The most incredible part of the game - I spotted CKS with his tie still on and less than 2 minutes to go.
Good win. I see a couple of potential visits to the FC over the holidays.

1 Like