Gameday Thread: Houston vs. Wichita State - 7pm at Fertitta Center or on CBS Sports Network (W 79-70)

Time 7 p.m. • Saturday, Jan. 12
Location Fertitta Center (7,035) • Houston
Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Tickets BUY Tickets
Parking Parking Map & Info
Television CBS Sports Network
Radio KPRC 950 AM
Live Stats Live Stats
Game Notes Houston Notes

ABOUT WICHITA STATE
• Wichita State has posted a 7-7 record in 2018-19 with an 0-2 mark in American Athletic Conference play.
• Shockers are tied for 10th in the league with UConn.
• Wichita State is 0-3 in road games this season.
• Shockers have lost their last three games… Last win was an 84-63 home victory over Oral Roberts on Dec. 19, 2018, in Wichita, Kan.
• In its most recent action, Wichita State dropped an 85-81 decision in overtime in Wichita on Jan. 6.
• Against Temple, senior forward Markis McDuffie led all players with 24 points and added seven rebounds… Senior guard Samaje Haynes-Jones totaled 22 points on 10-of-18 shooting and added four rebounds with three assists and a pair of steals… Freshman guard Dexter Dennis totaled 14 points with six rebounds and a team-high four assists, while freshman forward Isaiah Poor-Bear Chandler finished with 12 points and six rebounds… Junior guard Ricky Torres led Wichita State with eight rebounds.
• This season, McDuffie leads the Shockers with 19.1 points per game… Haynes-Jones stands second with 13.0 points per game and leads Wichita State with 3.9 assists per contest… Junior forward Jaime Echenique leads the team with 5.6 rebounds per game.
• Head Coach… Gregg Marshall is in his 12th season at Wichita State and his 21st year as a collegiate head coach… Has compiled a 477-188 record during his career as a collegiate head coach and is 293-105 at Wichita State.
• Previously built a 194-83 record at Winthrop (1998-07).
• Marshall is 1-2 against Houston during his career with the three previous meetings coming during the 2017-18 season… Has posted a 1-3 record against Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during their careers.
• 1985 graduate of Randolph-Macon.

1 Like

They probably should have added “free admission with gameday ticket.” Guessing that place will be packed with students that just moved back on campus and want to socialize and get some free grub.

Edit But maybe that’s the goal.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/CoreyDavisJr_/status/1083524815342964736

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarGameday/status/1083406925897891842

Lines are ranging from 10.5 to 11.5 for Houston.

1 Like

Shockers have lost two close AAC games. I think it will be close.

I’ll be surprised if we win by less than double digits. They’re nowhere near the team they were last season

https://twitter.com/UHpres/status/1084137972423933955

3 Likes

It’s all about how they matchup with us. If they played the same game as us, I’d put money on double digits. I won’t pretend to know anything about Wichita State basketball this year though.

I love McDuffie though. I wish we had him

Just noticed USF’s schedule. Already lost by 3 on the road to Tulsa, lost by 2 in overtime at Temple today and their next games are at Cincy and then hosting us. OUCH

2 Likes

Great… again in the Can’t Be Seen Network…

1 Like

White starting. Coach was just waiting for our first loss.

1 Like

Yep, he had said that if White wasnt hurt, he’d probably be starting at the beginning of the year.

1 Like

Brady still starting means the game plan to start the game hasn’t changed. He will get a few touches down low early.

Whose here? PortlandCoog present. Let’s go Coogs!

2 Likes

it kinda sucks not being undefeated because that little cushion of “we can get out of anything” is gone

Now we know we could lose games

Could relieve some pressure though too… not that you can lose, but you don’t have to worry about a streak.

anybody got a stream?