Gameday Thread: Navy at Houston

If we would have beaten Tulane, there would have been a crowd

Umm, sure!

1 Like

not a packed house, but a decent crowd

Offense has to be ready to go. Can’t afford to waste drives against the triple option.

I can never figure out why you defer to begin the game to an option team. Navy already has the ball for 6 plus minutes. They score here and the crowd is going to be even more quiet than they already are. Smh

If you are down at half and they get the ball to start the 2nd half with a long scoring drive the game would be over. Either way I dont think it matters much. They burned some clock for a missed FG.

1 Like

I’m shocked they went for the FG with their kicker w/ so little experience. Wide left on the miss! I’ll take it!

King is so damn fast

Screen
Draw
Screen
Punt

1 Like

Even the punt sucked

1 Like

Was 1st down a screen? Terrible pass. Also 2nd down King had a few options, but swing pass was covered. Didn’t like 3rd down call.

1 Like

that downfield pass opened up the short pass to Bonner in space

Going to miss Bonner. Great drive Coogs

Navy’s overpursuing like hell. The draw on 3rd down was a great call. Need to open the next drive with a PA pass.

King is the future

1 Like

I’m excited about the future, he can make throws Ward couldn’t (seems faster too). Now he has a long way to go to get that special clutchness Ward had on 3rd down though.

Those late pitches are risky. If one of those happens a half-tick later, it’s going the other way. Navy’s coaching staff can’t be happy with their execution so far.

7 yards on first down isn’t good. Yikes, Fleming in for Oliver.

Dumb penalty again

Doesn’t Tulane play the option? Shouldn’t we be better prepared for this offense?

I saw Williams get knocked over by Navy #61, then #61 push somebody else. He did that on at least two other plays too. Yet the penalty was on us?