GAMEDAY THREAD: Nov, 12, 2019-Houston V Alabama State (W 84-56)

0-2. Lost @Gonzaga, @Mizzou State.
Next 3 games for Ala State - @UH, @Tenn, @ VCU.

They have 3 big guys and many swingmen.

1 Like

Now that’s a non-conference schedule that will toughen you up.

8 Likes

Yup.

That brutal a lineup is paying some bills for the non revenue sports.

I’m sure CKS has no idea what he’s doing with scheduling.

Man that sucks lol

What’s that supposed to mean?

I commented on their schedule, which would be a tough stretch of games and travel for anyone. I did not comment on our schedule. If you read anything else into it, you’re just looking for something to fight about.

11 Likes

Umm, he was talking about the other team’s schedule. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wow. What side of the bed did you get up from?

5 Likes

I think you guys missed former Shastas sarcasm.

2 Likes

Alabama State is currently #300 in Sagarin and #317 in KenPom. Should be a good opportunity to try different combinations and get some minutes to some of the deeper bench guys.

cant wait to watch the first game tomorrow!!! basketball season is finally here!!!

5 Likes

Hopefully the attendance picks up where it left off last year. The program should be able to get close to sellouts on most games now, especially home openers.

3 Likes

Won’t be a sellout, but will be very well attended. Not many tickets left on the website.
On a slightly related note. How does one put tickets onto the stub hub market place for game we can’t make?

1 Like

My apologies. I read it as a swipe at CKS. Sorry.

1 Like

Eh, no problem. Kudos for not going with “you missed my sarcasm.” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Game will now be televised on ESPNU instead of ESPN3

8 Likes

Brace yourself for people who can’t recognize facetiousness or sarcasm. :wink:

They don’t make it as easy to do for basketball as they do for football. Basically, the easiest way to do it is to login to your ticket account, click Manage my Account and then click “Reissue My tickets.” Select the game you want to sell, select all the seats you wish to sell, and then click on reissue. I believe that they will then give you the option of how you want to have the tickets delivered and you can choose email. They will then send you the tickets in your email.

Then, go to Stubhub and login to your account over there, go to sell tickets, and enter all the info for the tickets you’re selling. From there, you can upload the tickets that they sent to your email.

2 Likes

ABOUT ALABAMA STATE
• Alabama State has posted an 0-2 record in 2019-20.
• Alabama State is 0-2 in road games this season
• In its most recent action, Hornets dropped a 59-50 decision at Missouri State on Sunday.
• Against Missouri State, guard Kevin Holston posted 11 points with two assists and a pair of blocked shots to lead the Hornets. He was the only ASU player to score double-digit points.
• This season, Tobi Ewuosho leads the Hornets with 9.5 points per game and is tied with Brandon Battle for the team lead with 4.5 assists per contest… Holston tops the team with 4.5 assists and 1.5 blocks per game.
• Head Coach Lewis Jackson is in his 15th season at Alabama State and as a collegiate head coach.
• Jackson has compiled a 199-240 record at Alabama State and as a collegiate head coach.
• Tuesday’s game will be the first time Jackson has faced Houston or Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during his career.
• 1984 graduate of Alabama State.

TUNE IN
• Fans can watch Tuesday’s game on ESPNU with David Saltzman (play-by-play) and Houston great Reid Gettys (analysis) calling or by clicking here .
• Fan can hear Tuesday’s game on KPRC 950 AM with Jeremy Branham (play-by-play) and Houston Hall of Famer Elvin Hayes (analysis) calling. Fans also can hear the game on the TuneIn app by clicking here .

1 Like

https://twitter.com/alexradow/status/1193973662761791488?s=20