GAMEDAY Thread: SMU @ UH CBSSN 8:00 PM CST (W 71-62)

Sasser is starting over Grimes.

3 Likes

Wow.

Wonder why there are times when Grimes looks unstoppable, and other times where he’s almost non-existent.

I hope Sasser has a great game!

2 Likes

This is a MUST win game with a probable loss this weekend at Wichita we cannot afford to drop this one for NCAA tournament hopes

3 Likes

is that the official word? im googling and cant find anything on it

I was looking for that too.

this would be an interesting game to bench grimes… smu is a rather tall team…

5’10- backup pg is 6’5 (6th man)
6’4
6’8
6’8
6’10
-7th man is a 6’5 guard

non of their guard are great shooters, but love to muscle their way into the paint…
sassier is likely the best to guard their super fast pg guard
but that would leave mills on 6’4 tyson jolly or 6’8 feron hunt (orr both since we switch often)

Nice scoop. I did not see that one coming. Will be interesting to see the rotation now.

I’m glad CKS doesn’t play someone just because they were a 5* and played for KU. If you begin dissappearing, it’s time to make a change for the best of the team. There has got to be something going on there. Until it is right, he comes off the bench.

Maybe he needs a wake-up call. Then again, if you are 10 deep, does it matter who starts if all are going in and out?I know it is an ego thing, but does it matter?

3 Likes

Today’s Chron has the starting line-up for tonight.

Sasser over Grimes.

Thus he and Deeky both come off the bench tonight.

Fabian and Harris are our starting Bigs.

2 Likes

Avery Johnson and Jason Horowitz on the call tonight.

Get ready for some country twang! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hope Sasser is running the point. This is really low risk you can just put Deeky or Grimes in if Sasser struggles.

2 Likes

Nothing like listening to Avery.

2 Likes

I can’t watch this game, no access to cbs sports :confused:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1217623368616304640

Deeky, Sasser and Harris in
Grimes, Mills, Gresham out of the starting lineup

2 Likes

smu is too tall… sasser and mills made no sense …but i get the lineup

Wait what? Deeky starting over Mills? Sasser and Deeky are both more 1s then 2s. This is strange but this is also switching it up a lot like CKS said he would.

1 Like

Sasser’s uncle, Jerryl, played for SMU?

Grimes and Mills could be the best backcourt off the bench in the country. I just hope the team is ready to play. SMU is tough.

2 Likes

Go Coogs

Yes. And Jeryl’s brother Jason was a big start at Tech.

1 Like