GAMEDAY Thread: UH @ Wichita St 1/18 3 PM Central ESPN2 (W 65-54)

Since I saw some social media mentions already, thought I would get this going.

Someone pulled the trigger early on this one:
https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1218246611601522693

“The Shockers have won 93 of the last 100 at home since the 2013-14 season”

2 Likes

this is going to be a challenging game.

we need to bring our A+ game in order to have chance in this one.

2 Likes

Coming off a tough road loss. Nothing is more dangerous than a p*ssed off Wichita State shocker. I know because my wife attended that school.

12 Likes

They could definitely play mad, but the way Temple defended them, it could also be a sign that you can guard them. They are not an overpowering team offensively. If we can hit a few shots and play defense, I think we have a good chance (two big IFs). I would be surprised if that team can run us out of the gym like early in 2018.

2 Likes

24 hours from now we will be riding a red hot start and be up by 12 at the 1st TV timeout. It will pretty much stay that way for the remainder of the contest. Coogs Win By 10. GO COOGS!

2 Likes

This is a year that I won’t be surprised by any outcome.

1 Like

Their backcourt went 0-15 at Temple so maybe they are shaken or come out for redemption.
Rose was 0- 22 before making shots against us
That bum for tulsa was 0 - college before making 3 against us including a 4 point play at the end of the clock to keep them in the game.

What I do believe is we have guys who can make threes with Sasser, Mills, Hinton and Grimes. As long as we play Cougar D we have a chance in any game

1 Like

I’ll still say despite Tulsa we have played better on the road compared to home, if you count neutral Hawaii as the road.

1 Like

I feel comfortable saying our defense is not an if. We’ll guard them. Now making shots, well, that’s a different story.

1 Like

We shouldn’t worry about them playing mad; we need to play with a mad on in every game and make the other teams worry about UH.

2 Likes

I look at it from a different POV: excluding Hawaii, the Coogs have not played great away from FC except for the 1st half of Temple. Hawaii, to me, has been their best stretch. Hope they start an even better stretch tomorrow.

Did we win?

1 Like

Coogs are 3 pt dog

Climbing. Seeing a 4 on the board.

Opened as 3 point underdogs.

I’m expecting a 10+ point loss, so a win would be tremendous.

1 Like

If Vegas thinks we’re only a 3-point dog then they think we’re a wash on a neutral court.

Hmmmm.

2 Likes

I think we will play hard and go nose to nose with them…bottom line if our shots are following we can win anywhere…right now WSU is the best team in the conference coming off a road loss…they will defend their home court with everything they have…
Should be a great game…

1 Like

si picks
4 of 5 pick wichita
the comment by the picks, notes were might struggle to keep this from being a blowout

2 Likes

I feel like Tom Hanks in a league Of there own right before the championship game. We’re gonna win! We’re gonna win!!

Going with the reverse curse:

WSU 85
UH 75