Games of Interest: 2/18/19-2/24/19

Watching A&M vs Alabama, A&M arena is basically empty, so we are not only ones who have attendance issues when we are bad

2 Likes

And A&M is a Quad 2 win for Bama if they can pull it off. [Source: ESPN Announcers]

1 Like

And that younger bald ref working this game is not friend of UH’s when he is assigned to UH games.

1 Like

What do you mean by a “top 25” game ?

1 Like

A team ranked in the top 25 in most of the nationally recognized polls/rankings.

If Cincy loses at home to UCF, they will have to win out the rest of the year to get back into the top 25. If they win this week and lose at UCF in a couple of weeks, it won’t hit them so hard.

The reason I ask is that it seems that most polls consider a top 25 win as a win against a team that is ranked in the top 25 at the time of the game.

If true, then the Oregon game would count as well as the Cincy game. Actually I cannot remember if LSU was ranked at the time.

Personally, I think of it as if a team is ranked at end of year.

However, since the first rankings are usually stuffed with so called P5 opponents many of who are frauds early in the year, then I guess a team being ranked at the time of game should have to work for even us peons !!

I doubt the committee or most respectable analysts look at Houston’s schedule and will give us more credit for Oregon ranked 18 at the time than they give us for LSU unranked at the time. At least in the NET rankings it’s very clear, that the credit you get is how the team is ranked in the end, not when you play them. So to me, a top 25 team is one that finishes it. Not going to change that because some color commentator during a broad cast looks at a fact sheet and says we beat two top 25 teams so far.

I think the NET ranking is an improvement as it looks at the total picture at the moment.

Will be interesting to see just how much weight the infamous “committee” gives it in the final analysis .

2 Likes

Well it’s suppose to be the foundation from where they begin. It was pretty far off from the top 16 rankings but not nearly as far off as the touted KenPom and Sagarin ratings some like to use.

Thats what i’m talkin’ about! Don’t sing it, bring it!!

Tulane v Memphis

Tulane is dreadful.

I feel bad for Tulane. A brilliant school in a very un-academic and indifferent city.

1 Like

LSU losing to a mediocre Florida team at halftime in Baton Rouge.

2 Likes

Tulane hanging close. Down by 9 at the half.

Edit: whelp
nevermind. The inevitable has happened.

1 Like

Ranked Villanova and Louisville both getting drummed on the road tonight by Georgetown and Syracuse respectively.

4 Likes

LSU-Florida tied at 52 with 7 minutes to go.

It’s hard to win every night.

3 Likes

Florida buries a 3 to take a 62-60 lead with 1:20 left. Naz Reid just got knocked out by his own teammate the last time down for LSU.

Gators up 64-62 with 51 seconds left. LSU ball.

LSU-Florida heads to overtime.

1 Like