Games of Interest: 2/18/19-2/24/19

For me, I could never understand why people viewed UCF so highly from the get go !!

I just never saw it.

2 Likes

I didn’t understand putting them ahead of Cincy for top dog but they were solid last year with their injuries and had some key pieces in place. I still think they are not taking advantage of Tacko as much as they could. I would have put UCF after Cincy [1] and UH [2] in the preseason but mainly because Wichita St lost so much and SMU, UConn and Memphis have their own issues /rebuilding to do. USF has overachieved.

1 Like

@2002Coog [fellow YouTubeTVer] speaking of this game I learned something watching this game on my phone. Without rotating to fill the screen, I swiped and found out the game stats are available [team, player] and some key plays. More swipes and there was a scoreboard. Some were not current but still pretty cool.

3 Likes

I agree I think they have several guys that are good but have never proven they can stay healthy.

1 Like

Make no mistake. Cincy is a very good team. They will play hard from now to the final play of the season. And their coach is stellar.

6 Likes

Ugh
BYU blows a late lead and loses to The Dons at home.

1 Like

You and me both. I thought they were overhyped because they were nowhere to be found last year. I didnt understand why they were puttibg UCF over Houston and Cincy.

Agree
and I’m not sold on Dawkins as a coach !

1 Like

Lsu losing on the road to Florida is bad for the Coogs and the AAC?

Some of you are reading way too much into every game.

1 Like

The game was @ LSU !

1 Like

Getting old sucks but same meaning. We have done the work we need to do and our schedule is what it is at this point. LSU losing a conference game is not bad.for us or the conference.

Win all 8 we are a 2 seed
7 of 8 and we are a 2 or 3
6 of 8 and probably a 3 maybe 4
Less than 6. Ain’t going to think about that

When people say its bad they’re being completely statistical
not literal.

1 Like

Why would Cincy have the one seed over us? We would be tied.

Oh an for a good coach, Johnny Dawkins has no clue how to use his 7’6" center. Nor is Fall getting much better.

1 Like

Tiebreaker is record against conference opponents going top to bottom. Since Houston lost to Temple and Cincy lost to East Carolina, Cincy would get the top seed based on losing to a worse team (which doesn’t make much sense).

9 Likes

I think this is the 3rd time the question has come up in the past month. Maybe it should be pinned at the top of the basketball page. haha

3 Likes

When you put it that way, it does sound crazy

1 Like

That is bass-ass-ackwards. It should be records agaisnt teams bottom to top.

(Edited cause sometimes I’m an idiot)

1 Like

But then you might reward a team that feasted on the bottom of the league and wasn’t good enough to beat the better teams. On the other hand, do you reward a team that lost in conference to a team with only 2 or 3 conference wins in total? Not sure what the answer is but as long as UH is opposite Cincy and Temple in the AAC tournament I don’t care whether #1 or #2 seed.

Even though it’s been mentioned several times it can get little more complicated than on surface. W/O looking it up through the AAC Media guide( I have before) a Team can not obtain an advantage when comparing records against teams w next record in Standings if unequal gms were played against that Team. So for ex UC goes 1-0 against Temple and UH went 1-1,UC does not automatically get credit for best recd against Temple with unequal gms being played against said opponent,they would not assume to be 2-0 if they played Temple again,matter of fact the opposite is assumed. Can’t look up rt now nor do I care to, just wanted to make that correction. Will let the gms be played and JD will explain it all in due time if needed. #GoCoogs

Edit: If UCF finishes 3rd and goes 1-1 vs UC and goes 0-2 vs UH, then UH would be #1 Seed assuming UH/UC were Co-Champs. I’m going w assumption Coogs win Title outright and not have to worry about details for tie-breakers. Ok I’m good for now Mr Shaggy has me on # of post quota in a day so running over!

5 Likes

Too many gms left to play imo before looking at that closer. #LetsGoWinSomeGames

3 Likes