Games of Interest (Non-AAC) - Week of Jan 19th

Texas Tech falls at TCU tonight.

I’m all for anyone in front of us losing so it gives us a chance to move up more.

7 Likes

I want Tech to beat Baylor!!!

2 Likes

Wichita State beat USF tonight, LSU beat Florida.

3 Likes

Looking forward to Tennessee vs Kansas on Saturday. Hopefully De Sousa will be serving his suspension.

1 Like

Shaka is he smart?

He’s a genius for continuing to cash those paychecks.

2 Likes

He is owed $10 million on his contract. Geez…only ex Aggie football coaches make more for less.

1 Like

PAC-12
USC @ Oregon tomorrow night at 10 PM CT (ESPNU): USC (4-1) and Stanford (4-1) have a 0.5 game lead on Oregon (4-2). USC was completely destroyed at Washington (72-40) for their only loss in conference play so far.

Unfortunately, Washington is 2-4 in PAC-12 play – only 0.5 game out of last place (Utah). They have a chance to distance themselves some from the cellar playing Utah at home tomorrow. But then they go to Colorado and to Arizona.

Ok State: The only team without a Big XII win. At A&M on Saturday. (3 PM ESPNU).

BYU: One of five 2nd place teams with 3-2 conference record in the WCC competing to be the best WCC team not named Gonzaga (6-0). @ Pacific (3-2) tomorrow at 9 PM and @ San Francisco (3-2) on Saturday at 4 PM. (Side note: only 4 of their remaining 11 games are listed for television - CBS Sports Net. If only there was a G5 football / reputable basketball conference that had a better contract that BYU could join…)

Tonight we have two (2) long shots in the saddle. Ga. Tech goes to Louisville and So. Carolina goes to Auburn. I am less than optimistic either of “our” teams emerges with a W, but hope beats eternal…

Random side note. Anyone see that Missouri set a new NCAA record by making 54 straight FTs (spanning multiple games)? Ironically they missed #55 to tie the game last night and lost by two.

2 Likes

Washington just cannot win a close conference game. They are now 2-5 in the Pac-12 but their losses are

UCLA 66-64
@ Stanford 61-55
@ Cal 61-58
Oregon 64-61 (OT)
@ Utah 67-66

We could really use those guys getting it together and going on a run.

2 Likes

I think it’s because they lost there PG Green who is ineligible.

Oregon and USC in OT, tied with about a minute left…in Eugene.

Edit:. Double OT

Edit edit: Oregon pulls it out.

2 Likes