“Get off my lawn”

Just my opinion . . . . . Good music went away when you could not understand what the singer was screaming out. Since that time, most of the music has been more like noise to me. Went to a baseball game today for 9 year olds, and between innings, there was noise over the pa system. No time to talk, visit or enjoy any peace and quiet. It is apparent we have to be constantly bombarded with noise . . . . .

1 Like

The more the band is marginalized, the faster it will deteriorate. And then we get into or want to court P5 reps attending our games, then suddenly we have a junior college wanna be leftover band. And you know those big schools in the P5 … doing away with tradition and reducing their bands to a mockery. They’ll love to see our Dick Clark’s record club sing along to pathetic songs from 40 years ago. You wanna be a big boy? Act like a big boy. Not some desperately contrived hey look at us we’re cool typical UH wannabes … the ultimate “Coog ’ n it”.

1 Like

Great. We’ll be the only FBS team playing the Everly Brothers and Benny Goodman at the games. lol. For the students, we’ll play more modern music such as James Taylor and The Who.

1 Like

Robert, I just don’t know why we have to be playing anything besides what the bands play. The commercials alone take so much time away from the band, we don’t need any DJ blaring music over the speaker system. Our band spends a lot of time preparing for the games, I think they should be able to play a lot more. There are a lot of us who actually enjoy hearing the band.

3 Likes

The DJ is fine, but we need a much better intro to the game. 90’s death metal? Terrible. We need more Womp Womp.

2 Likes

I like the rock music for the intro. Any other time it seems like it is none stop rap and hip-hop music before the game.

How about going back to voting for a 2nd half song using voting via text? Then we can stop complaining about the DJ/music and move on to complaining about the connectivity during games…

2 Likes

I’m not sure if the logistics holds up but I had watched at least 10 games from the third deck on the visitors side since the stadium opened and every one of those times I could not connect to the wifi. Last Thursday was the first game I sat in the 100 section seats and I connected to the wifi easily. It could have been the much lower attendance but seeing as some Coogs have reported they haven’t had a problem, I’m wondering if the wifi is set up on the first deck and the signal is not strong enough to penetrate both the second and third level concrete.

1 Like

Our season tickets are at the top of the end zone and we’ve never gotten WiFi connections.

1 Like

I’m in Section 306, Row 1, Seats 29-30 (3rd deck on the UH sideline) and no Wi-Fi connection for me and my wife (or 10-year old son). No complaints…I’m watching the Coogs WIN. My wife/son complains, but I tune them out.

Go Coogs. Peace.

4 Likes

I gave up on the wi-fi there long ago.

And the music? I don’t care. Let 'em play what the kids like. I just wish they’d bring back the St. Arnolds beer stand. I like the 8th Wonder choices (cans :roll_eyes: ) but would rather have the draught St.A right behind my seats as it was until this year.

3 Likes

They need to bring back Coney Island also !!

6 Likes

I’m in the 100s, and I can usually connect to the wifi, but it’s rarely solid enough to be useful, except for those games where I have a lot of room to spread out.

I kind of like it, though. It’s like going off the grid without leaving town. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

LOL

I’m in 130 and sometimes it works, mostly not. I would just be happy to get out a text sometimes. I like to meet up with my friends in other sections or text my sons about the game but it’s usually pointless.

The only time I really miss it is when I’m trying to look at our game stats or on busy CFB Saturdays and I’d like to see the other scores of games going on.

Texting uses cell towers, not wi-fi.

I’ve never had a problem texting at games.

Yup, I know. I should have made it more clear that it was a separate b1tch. :smiley: But I can’t get a text out in any case, at least not often. At the Arizona game for example I tried and failed repeatedly to get one thru to my sons in the stadium. ATT has been remarkably reliable for me, everywhere but in our stadium.

My experiences say you are very fortunate. We have to walk outside to get a descent phone connection and our internet service drops out on a regular basis. There have been times when my net service drops out 6 to 10 times an hour. It gets a little frustrating. Been a little bit better lately. It’s only dropped out once today, that I know of . . . . .

1 Like

“Yup, I know. I should have made it more clear that it was a separate b1tch. But I can’t get a text out in any case, at least not often. At the Arizona game for example I tried and failed repeatedly to get one thru to my sons in the stadium. ATT has been remarkably reliable for me, everywhere but in our stadium.”

This only makes sense. Where else would your phone Coog It but at UH? It’s part of our swag now. ED band, ED coach, ED wi-fi, ED DC, ED no cheese on my nachos.

1 Like

Same here (ATT service). Glad I could change the complaining to connectivity at the stadium…

That is strange as I have ATT also.

In reality, I actually do not use my phone that much at the games. Only to check roster numbers, but I have those captured as photos.