Get ready for the Big 12 announcement next week

If you think this sucks, and most of us do, then get ready for the Big 12’s flatulence next week. It’s been very quiet on the rumor front, which is a bit of a relief, but at the same time there has been nothing to offer the least bit of hope for admission to the Big 12. We are probably on our own until realignment moves into the next stage.

I am resigned to their doing NOTHING - again! Heck, as disfunctional as they are, they might even put off the decision.

Is now or never.

“NEVER” - is a v.e.r.y. long time!

I dont know what to make of the silence other than we have to wait. I hope we get in. No one is talking at the moment. I heard Khator say she is under NSD which I would take as a positive sign.

1 Like

I understand the reservation about going to the Big 12. Honestly if there was any other option I am all for it. My concern is this, keeping CTH. I don’t think money is the issues, we can give him that. Better facilities and running the program 100%, we can give him that. Giving him a pathway to a National Championship? Maybe but it most cases not.

For example, this year was a perfect year to try and make shot at the CFP and with this one loss we may not even make a New Year’s Six Bowl. If we were in a P5 conference we could have a loss and still have a shot at the CFP. In turn, giving another reason for Herman to stay. That is why this is so important.

1 Like

Hermans not worth the trouble. At least that’s what I tell my LSU and longhorn acquaintances.

5 Likes

The only thing that is important to me is the fact that our leaders have not said a word for months.
I do see it as a major positive sign. Time will tell.

1 Like

I read the first part:
"Hermans not worth the trouble."
And started to get mad. Then I read the rest:
"At least that’s what I tell my LSU and longhorn acquaintances."
And I had to laugh out loud at myself and your wit.

1 Like

92010, i agree…our absolute silence for weeks seems to me to signify something…

Joining the Big 12 next week would ease the pain cause by the loss to Navy.

Question: If UH joins the Big 12, what year would we join ? 2017 or 2018 ??

Houston, Texas, and that contingent are silent.

It’s the OU group that’s chatty.

I think that’s a good sign.

Keep spreading the word.

“NSD”? Please explain …

I think he means NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).

1 Like

Sorry yes NDA…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but lately it’s been silent on the expansion front. Even Boren has shut his trap…

I’m not sure there’s anything left to be said. Like others have said, I take it as a good sign that nothing is leaking about Houston. I know our people contractually can’t talk about this, but their silence and accompanying confidence is comforting to me.

The silence is DEAFENING making Kyle from last Saturday sound like a graveyard.

I gather all that has been stated or said by the usual suspects has been already stated ad nauseum … even the canaries … Monty Flugeville OU contacts aren’t singing anymore …

The presidents are still in their separate locations doing their thing that presidents do …

Come Monday they will ALL be IN THE SAME ROOM TOGETHER and either the poop will hit the fan or some semblance of an agreement on expansion will transpire and obviously NO ONE will want to deal with the former before then.

I like the hurricane analogy. Right before the storm we all know how the sky turns to a strange green color. It appears calm and then it hits. In order to survive the small12 needs a major revision. Expansion is the major revision.

1 Like