Glad to be Back

ThinkCotton posts on the Den. And, doesn’t CougarRed post as Chicklets on this board?

The good ole dial modem days . When the internet was a magical place .

Hated the dial modem days

1 Like

The original site was the daddy of tailgating. There was some serious fun even in the 0fer year. Louisville game was the best. Just walking in and out of Robertson getting smashed, eating then back to the elements/game. I cannot explain how far we’ve come since then.

i too remember those nights fondly…and the big rig cooker !

I do remember moving from 12K to 24K to 56K to 96K. Seems baud rates doubled every 12 to 18 months.

1 Like

The, “Missle Defense Shield” . Slept 4 comfortably. 6 drunk. 8 wasted. With satellite TV.

Quote: Party like it’s 1999 (April)

WE WILL!!!

Some of us have been posting ever since the original Cougar’s Den popped up on flash.net back in 1995. I was in law school at the time!

I started posting on coogfans in 1999 from its inception.

It’s amazing how many of we “charter” cybercoogs are still posting!

1 Like

As for ThinkCotton, he has always posted on The Cougar’s Den (now on rivals.com).

In fact, he has always been its most active poster.

I only recently stopped posting there; almost all of the posting now is on their premium content Cullen Boulevard board, and that costs money.

I’m curious as to what happened with Heights; seems to have disappeared from public view.

DavyCrockett is now PAWRFUL, of course.

I do believe Cougar Red is now Chicklets. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

So question on those who have kept better tabs than I have. What ever happened to the funsters? That was a fantastic intercoog beef that we had going for a good long time.

Does the Don and Co. still keep an active board?

There’s a “Coogit” board on proboards.com that is the successor to coogfun.

I rarely post there, although I often tailgate with those people.

Thanks,

I came on to the boards during the Briles tenure. Followed the Coogs long before then, but that’s when I started posting. We just all starting kind of started talking about when we came on to the boards.

I just remember the drama/hilarity when that whole split occurred. The banning of Don and the whole crew. It was an entertaining time.

when 247 bought out the old site… i signed up here but never kept up with it. for a while i had forgotten abt it. So glad I came back to check … good to see all the people from the other site posting here…

Bite me

1 Like

1 Like

There was something seriously wrong with DCraig. I can only hope that eventually got help in dealing with his obsessive hatred for UH.

DCraig is a just a legend to me I came on a bit late. To me the psycho was redraiderjeff. That was a sad little man.

2 Likes

Very early on in the Cybercoog days there was a guy named “OrangeCoog” who was literally Mr. Negativity.

As I recall, he called himself “OrangeCoog” because he lived in Orange, TX, and was a legit UH grad and fan, but he absolutely NEVER had anything positive to say about any of our sports programs. This led many people to believe that he was really a fan of UT Orange.

If memory serves me right, he was kicked off coogfans first, and then later The Cougar’s Den.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong on that. In 23 years of posting on UH fan boards, I’ve seen it all!

I remember a guy that would post all the time. His name was Kingfish. Don’t know what happened to him.

I grew up in Orange and think I know that guy. He went to Optometry school in late 70’s. Convinced all his sons friends UH was terrible. I went, against his advice, in the 90’s, and loved it. To each their own.

1 Like