Globetrotters at Fertitta Center

Harlem Globetrotters Saturday night.
My kid had a ton of fun. At one point all the kids were invited onto the court. Autographs after the game. Sweet Lou Dunbar was there and signing and taking photos. Highly recommend. One more game on Sunday. Use code SAVE20 for 20 percent off.
Really funny at times. My kid wants to go again tomorrow.

4 Likes

Wow…pretty sad attendance for the Globetrotters. When I was a kid, they would draw large crowds for arenas like the Summit. If they were on ABC’s Wide World of Sports, I never missed it. Wonder if it’s just Houston or if all their event dates are like this…almost doesn’t seem worth the trouble financially.

I rather look at it from the positive side. To think that over 90 yrs since their existence they are still an Entertainment show and able to bring joy to a young child who’s father and grandfather saw the same entertainment 30, 40, 50 yrs ago. Obviously the cast has changed but I think it’s remarkable they are still an Entertainment entity. Played in over 120 counties I believe. Sweet Lou Dunbar is still involved in the team in some capacity.

1 Like

My kids went to the HG game on Saturday night as guests of a group birthday party. I tagged along to help the birthday parents chaperone our group of 24 kids. We had a great time. The HG do an excellent job of finding kids in the audience and getting them involved in the entertainment. Our group was asked to go onto the floor and do the YMCA song/dance. Yes, the HG still do the rubber-band ball (snap back routine), and yes, the Washington Generals are still clueless when it comes the routines of the HG. The players still do the Sweet George Brown circle, trick passes, trick shots, and family-friendly comedy routines. All of the HG players, coaches, and staff, and the Washington General players, stayed after the game to sign autographs and take pictures with kids for free. The staff and security personnel at FC did an excellent job of being kid-friendly. It was the first time that I had attended a HG game in-person since the early seventies when I was a kid. Good times…glad my kids got to enjoy the experience.

P.S. The HG do an educational component to the show. No bullying, stay in school, show respect for your parents and first responders, and they gave out booklets and stickers about the importance of reading. Good stuff for kids.

Go Coogs. Peace.

5 Likes