GoFundMe to repair the Blaze for the Frontiersmen

I am glad they raised the money I actually like hearing the siren when we score.

2 Likes

Maybe, they can turn it down a bit.? Lol

1 Like

Agree with CgrBkr. In my opinion the Blaze is 20 years old and not current. Ditch it as it is annoying noise.

Also agree with Duce630 that the Frontiersman outfit is too UT / A&M. Houston is not a “cow town.”

1 Like

I like the original Run and Shoot air raid siren. This is before the oil field siren. I still remember the B52s doing a bombing run on the video board at the Dome while it went off. Fun times. Also like the “frontiersmen” when they just had jeans and red dress shirts. Before the totally fabricated/make believe bs story they tell about how they came up with their current outfits. Hey geniuses, real frontiersmen would have shot a cougar on sight. How does that relate to our mascot?

Houston is home to the largest rodeo on earth.

I am ready for the frontiersmen to carry a flag on a horse.

Also, if we can have flag boys, where are the frontierswomen?

Tech has Zorro. OU has a wagon. Its time to step it up!

Blaze sounds like a high tech clown whistle. We should give it to the Aggies.

1 Like

Actually I think I saw a woman in the frontier man last game. I think we do have a frontierswoman. Wow I can not believe people are complaining about the siren. It and been tradition for over 20 years. It not going anywhere and shouldnt.

Also stop the inferiority complex comments that we can’t have frontiersman in trench coats because to like UT or Aggies. They don’t have anything like it. We do have big rodeo in Houston. Also if you do some research the Houston Rodeo has a history with the Frontier Fiesta so the trench coats sort of tribute to that as well. And up to 1950s most surrounding Houston area was frontier and cattle fields. This board will complain about everything.

1 Like

I agree with you. And I think they’re called dusters, not trench coats. Just saying. :smiley: Go Coogs!

1 Like

I’m sure someone thought the dusters were a good idea when we still played in the dome. Now, not so much. :sunny:

1 Like

I clearly don’t have one lol

I feel like UH doesn’t really have enough tradition to be throwing what we do have away.

2 Likes

We have the biggest rodeo is the rationalization for frontiermen? lol. We’re also the energy/oil capital of the world, why shouldn’t we have rough necks instead? Or the largest medical center in the world, maybe have a spirit group in scrubs? I can guarantee that real frontiersmen didn’t wear silly looking tan dusters from the J Petermen catalog.

After a hard fall week sweating on the rig, I grab my Frontiersman Duster and head to the game.

2 Likes

Time for hubcaps on chains around their necks as they run across the field after a score? Just spit-balling ideas right now and opening it up for discussion.

I like how this GoFundMe discussion has turned into a laundry list of “while we are talking about Blaze, here are the other things I don’t like
” Too bad the palm trees are gone.

Here a link to historian who explains how dusters were not only used in frontier but also in the oil fields.

https://truewestmagazine.com/were-duster-coats-common-outerwear-on-the-frontier/

Instead if the dusters, how about some embroidered Gilley’s jackets?

1 Like

The dusters are just fine.

1 Like