Gonzaga vs Houston

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1356345070610472960?s=20

Matt Norlander
@MattNorlander

No. 1 Gonzaga and No. 5 Houston were deep into negotiations to play a neutral-site game this weekend in Salt Lake City, a source tells CBS Sports, but it fell through this morning. Game will not be happening barring an 11th-hour change of heart. Teams are a combined 32-1.

2 Likes

This just ruined my day and probably my week…

Let’s just meet up in the Final Four. I’d be happy with that.

6 Likes

Damn. That really sucks.

2 Likes

not sure if I believe that or not…

why would the Zags even think about this? they will remain #1 if they win out in a weak WCC. Nothing to gain here.

3 Likes

Considering they are in a weak conference and it might only help by playing one more elite team before the ncaa tourney.

3 Likes

I think is great practice for the tournament for both sides, win or lose. In particular for Houston and Gonzaga where both conferences suck this year

3 Likes

the next tweet talks about it, their coach has extreme confidence in this team… he is more worried about them being prepared playing top competition than securing hte one seed…says he is still looking for another top 25 team for this weekend, since this game fell through

1 Like

I wonder why this fell through…smh

2 Likes

Ohio St is open this weekend

Rothstein tweeted that Gonzaga will play Duke. I wonder what happened? I think the Coogs really needed a game like that.

1 Like

that is for next year, not this weekend

1 Like

That Duke gm is next season. As in Nov 2021

Ahhh, gotcha

dang UH Gonzaga would be a great game and prep for the tournament for both teams. At least we know the Admin was working on it. That is a good sign for all involved.

3 Likes

Anyone else we can schedule this weekend?

1 Like

my guess is no one… its likely Gonzaga or no one… we probably werent looking to add a game and they came to us and we considered

Terrible idea at this point in time.
Glad it feel through.

2 Likes

Why is it a terrible idea? If its about rest cancel games that don’t need to be played such as the one @ tulane or @ecu. Those teams don’t deserve us coming to their house. This game needs to be played, the only reason I can think that this game should be played unless Q’s ankle is bad and he needs more rest. I am sure Aresco can cancel some of the games against conference dregs.

1 Like