Grad Transfer: Landon Goesling - Committed & Signed 06/08

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1002292987580198912

DII, averaged 23 points a game, 38% from 3. led D2 in made FT. all -conference. all -region… a 6’2 SG
no clue how that translates to D1

originally from app state (D1), transferred to St Edwards

3 Likes

If CKS and staff want him here, then I want him here.

1 Like

Interesting. I had noticed that Kellen Sampson had followed him this weekend, but I disregarded it because he had announced he was returning to St. Edwards…

…however, those tweets have been deleted, and he retweeted a bunch of announcements about him receiving an offer from Houston today.

He’s from Coppell, TX and had 1 offer out of high school (App State).

Based off his highlights, he’s got some handles, and a bit of an unorthodox shooting motion…especially those lefty layups where he almost winds up and scoops them. He took quite a few guys off the dribble.

St Edwards just missed playing in the D2 championship game as they lost in OT in the semifinal. Goesling was named to the All-Region 1st team.

This late in the game, he’d be a good add.

4 Likes

I was actually worried that he was gonna be more of a spot-up shooter. But he definitely looks strong off the dribble. Never hurts to have guys that can create their own shot.

2 Likes

Getting a guy who was an extremely high level D2 player as a grad transfer would be pretty interesting. Got to the line 200+ times (about 9/game) last year. We need some roster bodies, we’re down to 10 guys and I think he could definitely break into UH’s rotation.

2 Likes

I know Oliver Lafayette was D2, and I think Jahmar Thorpe was as well. If this kid can play at either of those levels, we’d be in great shape

1 Like

Yea. I can’t imagine it’s that much (if any) lower of a level of competition than a lot of JuCO

Big question here is…can he get that mop of a hairdo into a man-bun? If so, then I’ll know it’s fate.

3 Likes

a tradition like no other…lol imagine if we had a tradition of a player every year wearing a man-bun

1 Like

It’s a Top Knot folks. Get it straight. (Think Ancient Warrior)

2 Likes

Kellen Sampson started following Wes Van Beck’s brother, Neil, who’s a 6’4 SG from Westside. Might be a walk-on candidate.

1 Like

might be 2…he is a identical twin and both play ball

3 Likes

They’ve been at every game this year (as far as I could tell, they sat in my section).

Max Preps out of HS:

13-14 Varsity Basketball
JerseyPos#2PGOverallDistrict22-134-6Nat. RankTX Rank34947

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1002995654669619201

Also has a UC-Santa Barbara offer

Interesting as he hasn’t retweeted any of the other offers, just the Houston one.

Looks like Rodney Terry (UTEP’s coach) played ball at St. Edwards. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or if it will play a role in Goesling’s recruitments.

Goesling still hasn’t tweeted out anything since the Houston offer. CKS is now following him.

Could the guy in the corner be one of them?

Yes, but I’m fairly certain only Neil will be walking on