Greatest Comeback in Bowl History - Houston vs Pittsburgh 2014

Arguably the greatest comeback in college football bowl history, and the greatest comeback in Houston Cougar football history.

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter how many times you watch it, it doesn’t matter that you already know the outcome, it’s still gives you goosebumps.

2 Likes

That game is one of my all time favorites.

Go Coogs

2 Likes

The offense was on fire late and Greenberry was just incredible.

2 Likes

We’ve had many outstanding comebacks in UH football history, both regular season and post season, but my vote goes to the amazing Pittsburgh bowl game victory. IMO, regular season comeback wins are great, but bowl game comeback victories are special achievements.

2 Likes

What made it even better for those who stayed is the reward for sitting in miserable conditions throughout the game.

8 Likes

I hated that game. It was so cold and rainy and wet. I was miserable. But that made it so much sweeter when the 4th quarter came. Man that was an unbelievable game.

2 Likes

If our tickets hadn’t been in the tcu club where hot chocolate flowed at $4 a cup and a fire roared, we would have left at halftime.

Our stadium should have set up our club similarly, on the second level instead of the first. But our second level doesn’t have water fountains or toilets so I figure the cost to build a club up there was prohibitive.

I still can’t believe that win happened. With the caveat that I didn’t watch much UH football prior to the late 90s, the 2 greatest hits in UH history for me are Farrow murdering Pitt’s #6 on his way to that first TD of the second half, and Garrett Davis destroying Samaje Perine in the OU game.

5 Likes

I told 81Coog when he left at the beginning of the 4th that he would miss the comeback and he thought I was kidding. My wife spent most of the 3rd quarter in the ladies room warming up. She told me I better take her somewhere good on vacation for having to sit through that. But even she was excited at the comeback. It was great!

I don’t know how many times I watched that run by Farrow when he bowled over the Pitt defender at the goal line. It was wonderful!

my sr year at UH. Went to the game with the students on the charter bus. i froze my butt off that entire game and stayed and it was worth it. it was funny seeing some of my friends leave early. i rode it out with my soon to be girlfriend (we weren’t dating at the time but we were in the early stages).

the team dancing to womp womp afterwards with greg ward directing the band was epic.

this is not my video btw. lol

1 Like

if you pause at 1:06 that’s me with the red uh hoody and my gf is next to me in the gray.

1 Like

Lol! Joey Mbu is the greatest!

This was the start of the greatest 22+ months of Cougar Football!

3 Likes