Greg Ward Jr- Eagles

That game was in Austin our first year in the SWC. That’s the game that made DKR decide to retire.

4 Likes

One guy who has really impressed Quick is a former quarterback and current reserve wide receiver, Greg Ward. Quick believes the former Houston Cougars star is ready to take the next step and claim a roster spot.

> “He’s ready,’’ said Quick via The Inquirer, a five-time Pro Bowler who has the third-most receiving touchdowns (61) and receiving yards (6,464) in Eagles history. “There’s a transition period for a guy like that who’s moving from [college] quarterback to receiver. But he’s so talented. He’s ready.’’

8 Likes

He probably better than Pryor.

2 Likes

Rick, I think he has a chance to be all pro. With Wentz throwing him passes, I am sure he will get to show his stuff and his agility, elusiveness, qucickness, and speed, he’s a star waiting to happen.

4 Likes

Wonder how many whippersnapers don’t know who dkr was.

I still feel a bit of comradery with the Automatic Teller Machines in that we began to take turns beating uta IN Austin which till then, as I understand, seemed impossible. Good times… Anybody got the facts on those firat SWC years?

1 Like

I remember “impossible” wins but not so much who nor when we played. Those games where we said, “Heck, 45 seconds, we got this!”

3 Likes

What really made Royal retire was the NCAA putting in a 30 scholarship limit.

His advantage was gone !!

He was possibly the most overrated coach ever !

2 Likes

" In the interim, the Eagles could look to promote either Greg Ward or Marcus Green from their practice squad,"

Greg Ward with a real shot at getting promoted to the roster.

2 Likes

I go by time period. My favorite during Yeoman times were Gary "Moon"Mullines, was short, not fast all he did was win. Then Danny Davis who had more talent that Moon. For Pardee, Klingler over Ware. For Helton, we had good qb’s just a bad coach. Since 2000 it has been Keenum, Ware and King.

See you guys at the game tomorrow.

3 Likes

Kevin Kolb was very good.

1 Like

So far imo Greg is ahead of D’Eriq. Remember how Greg played two years while injured. vhermin knew well what he was doing with Greg.

I could see the Redskins sign Greg to slot receiver role. That would be a perfect compliment to Peterson.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Give him a chance and he will prove his ability.

1 Like

At first glance it’s easy to doubt Greg Ward. I sure did when Levine put him in at QB. “Sure, he’s quick and moves the ball, but he’s too small to be an NCAA QB.”

I was very wrong about that.

“He was a hell of an NCAA QB but he’s too small to play in the NFL.”

I am wrong about that too. He’s got the talent and he’s put in the work. He’s earned his shot and I hope he gets his chance soon.

I will not doubt Greg Ward again.

2 Likes

I am going to keep writing it. Greg played his last two seasons injured. Can you imagine what he would have done healthy?

3 Likes

GW was and is such a warrior…one of my fav Coogs

4 Likes

“On Thursday, the team had five receivers on the practice field: Nelson Agholor, Mack Hollins, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Greg Ward and Marcus Green.”

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1175447569352286210?s=19

13 Likes

Iy’s about time! Good for Greg!!!

1 Like

Outstanding