Gregg Marshall Out At Wichita?

Not surprised he has the $$ men in his corner. To me the physical attacks should have been enough but if the $$ wants you to stay you will stay.

Plenty of coaches are bullies (though also care about their players and help make them better men which can be a paradox) but actually punching players is a line rarely crossed. Even in a movie made in 1986 about a basketball team in the 1950’s that was a bridge too far and got Norman Dale fired!

Losing half his team to transfers last year is a big indictment as well that this isn’t a normal situation of a coach bullying a bit.

He may survive but I think the level of this isn’t super common.

I think it’s 50/50
going full Mike Tyson on a player not good

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1315321555824660480

I’ve talked to a couple recent WSU players and a parent (not since this story broke) and never heard anything good about Marshall, had a pretty good feeling they did not like him. Nothing about abuse or racism, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t happening. These guys were soon to be pros so they were smart enough to not talk bad about a coach who may be needed as a recommendation.

2 Likes

goodman has almost made this personal lol 
 i cant tell if he just wants major claim for breaking a major story
or just really hates marshall and will do everything in his power to get him fired.

he’s made tweets chastising other insiders (like rothstein) for not talking about this story
 retweeted posts discredtiing anyone that supported marshall

1 Like

likely to be anti-marshall

https://twitter.com/OfficialRaekwon/status/1315332587511054337

players from 2014 made pro Marshall statements- as my hints why this one will be negative

Yea he has taken a personal stake in this story which isn’t necessary. He did good reporting but he shouldn’t tried to drum up attention and try to impact the outcome.

Why you trying to defend his behavior?

show one post where i defended his behavior?

3 Likes

WSU had a good reputation before he came. Prior to his arrival, Mark Turgeon had a good run. Yes from 1988-2000 they were mediocre, but from 1960-1987 they had good teams – including a Final Four team, Elite Eights, and Sweet 16’s. I think they can get another good coach with their history.

2 Likes

Yea, it’s a desirable job. Great fan and financial support, history of winning, and strong conference.

They’re fine unless they make a bad hire. We’ve done that a few times and killed any momentum we had. But there should be good candidates who are already proven head coaches wanting this job if he’s fired.

2 Likes

Maybe Shaka Smart would like that job and do well without big bucks whorn interference and pressure.

1 Like

I think Shaka would do quite well at WSU. I think their culture fits his style much better than the prima Donna entitled culture in Austin.

1 Like

WSU will be fine. They have a good pedigree. Its so much easier to build a brand in college basketball vs. football.

For the sake of the conference it would be good if he makes changes and survives.

He has to have some redeemable qualities otherwise he would have been exposed a long time ago. Either way, I don’t know the man.

I’ve been to that city, and there are FEW entertainment options there.

When it come to sports, WSU is pretty much the only game in town.

KU, KSU, and Kansas City pro sports are a considerable drive away.

WSU has a local sports monopoly.

2 Likes

Let’s stay focused on the post! I have a good friend who thinks Woody is one the finest men he has ever known!

Gregg Marshall is an honorable man

Mmmmkay

Everyone, this thread is starting to veer off into possible closure, I can see where it can go quickly. So how about it not go there?

2 Likes