Group of 5 - Recruiting Class Rankings

OL may not be the sexiest position (unless you have a thing for big men :wink:) and it may take a few years for them to develop, but as we’ve learned the last few years, if you don’t have an Offensive Line, you don’t have an Offense.

3 Likes

… Unless you’re a genius like me. Only I have the eye that can determine who’s an 88.946 and who’s an 88.624. It’s actually very simple if you know what you’re doing. Plain as day.

4 Likes

Two posters upthread disagree. So which is it?

Jucos (if they commit in time) will count. Normal transfers do not.

UH needs to take 7-10 from the transfer portal every year. This is a market we have and will continue to perform well. We are a perfect spot for Houston area kids wanting a second chance.

3 Likes

And the difference between a .8531 WR and a .8332 OG

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Lincoln-Riley-OU-Sooners-football-Theo-Howard-Jay-Boulware-Shane-Beamer-Alex-Grinch--142469283/

Correct. Good observation. Transfers only count against the 85-man scholarship limit (amount of scholarship players allowed to be on the team at one time).

2 Likes

If things come together well, we could see many of the UH 2020 Class FB recruits (defense) help to carry us to an AAC championship, including the following guys:

Eyabi Anoma - DL - 6’5" - 250# (Ala)
Sedric Williams - DL - 6’1" - 302# (Juco)
Dot Chidozi - DL - 5’11" - 293# (HS)

Malik Robinson - LB - 6’0" - 220# (Juco)
D’Anthony Jones - LB - 6’2" - 255# (Juco)

Gervarrius Owens - S - 6’0" - 200# (Juco)
Kelvin Clemmons - CB - 6’1" - 195# (Minn)
Hassan Hypolite - S - 5’11" - 205# (Colo)
Jayce Rogers - CB - 5’8" - 165# (Juco)
Marcus Jones - CB - 5’8" - 175# (Troy)
Javoni Stewart - S - 5’8" - 175# (WVa)

So, I would have to say that I am not too worried about our 2020 recruiting class star rating/ranking.

4 Likes

All the criticism of these rankings aside, FIU out recruiting UCF is very surprising.

At pretty much any level outside the top 10/15 it is wildly full of speculation. Too many different people evaluating too many different kids without a specific standard to differentiate between very slight differences.

I generally leave it to the coaches to bring in kids they think fit the team (hopefully) and not get caught up in stars unless that kid also fits in with the team.

3 Likes

O and D lines are the heart and soul of a quality program.

3 Likes

I’d be very interested in this kid coming here to compete with Tune.

What’s the highest ranked G5 recruiting class of all-time? Was it us when we were #36 in 2016?

2 Likes

These rankings don’t count transfers.
Useless post.
Delete thread.
Ban user.

1 Like

Nice find. I hope Holgerson gives him a call. Someone forward this to his email! Lol

If you go by average recruit ranking, the only G5 teams we are behind are Cincy, Boise, UCF, and Memphis. We could have added a bunch of 2 stars and jumped most of those teams. I think the 4 star transfers we get are probably better.

5 Likes

I have said the same thing…but let’s not criticize, he is building this program.

Also SMU (they really hurts to say).

I suspect SMU tapped the portal hard again.

How many recruits do we have? Numbers weigh heavily and out of our recruits one is a punter and another with enormous potential from England bring it down because he has no ratings. We also have some outstanding JC recruits and they are often undervalued by the services.
Relax the talent that has been added to the roster in the last year Is night and day from where we were.
The rankings mean nothing for approach we have taken to upgrade the roster.

3 Likes